Phillies are scouting Sherrill. What would we want in return?

My O's Face

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/sports/20090728_Deal_looking_closer_for_Halladay.html

Scouts from the Phillies were among the teams looking at Orioles closer George Sherrill, who worked a scoreless ninth inning in a non-save situation Sunday. (And what does that tell you about the Phillies' confidence in Brad Lidge?)

What would we want from them?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The name that is always thrown around here is Jason Donald...I dont want him, Id be happy with Happ!

Don't want Jason Donald. Don't want Carlos Carrasco. Don't want Lou Marson. Don't want Happy.

Don't want anything from the Phillies. And the only good prospects they have (the OF'ers and Drabek) they wouldn't trade for Sherrill.

I really like their AA outfielder Michael Taylor, This kid is going to be a beast when he makes it to the Bigs. He's hitting 333 with 15 HR's and 66 RBI's in AA this year and he just got promoted to AAA. I know that we would prefer to add a corner infielder with a trade of Sherrill but if your going on talent alone than this is the guy. Maybe add in a lower level pitching prospect and this deal get's done. If you would prefer to add a corner infielder than you could look at Jason Doanld who has been projected as a 3B in the future because he lacks the range for SS. I would package him with AAA pitcher Antonio Bastardo and that would be a great deal IMO.

I really like their AA outfielder Michael Taylor' date=' This kid is going to be a beast when he makes it to the Bigs. He's hitting 333 with 15 HR's and 66 RBI's in AA this year and he just got promoted to AAA. I know that we would prefer to add a corner infielder with a trade of Sherrill but if your going on talent alone than this is the guy. Maybe add in a lower level pitching prospect and this deal get's done. If you would prefer to add a corner infielder than you could look at Jason Doanld who has been projected as a 3B in the future because he lacks the range for SS. I would package him with AAA pitcher Antonio Bastardo and that would be a great deal IMO.[/quote']

Yah Taylor and Brown are their two big OF prospects. Best hitting prospects, I believe.

Bastardo would be ok I guess. He got some playing time this year. But Donald just seems to stink all around.

Yah Taylor and Brown are their two big OF prospects. Best hitting prospects, I believe.

Bastardo would be ok I guess. He got some playing time this year. But Donald just seems to stink all around.

I agree, I'm not very impressed by him but I know others are and we do need a corner infielder. I would prefer Michael Taylor and a pitching prospect. Than we could either leave Reimold out in LF and DH Taylor or put Taylor in LF and DH Reimold. We'd instantly have a better hitting team, IMO.

I would take Taylor for him without a doubt. Taylor is 6'6 250 lbs. and killing the ball. He's projected to be a 1B. Philly doesn't want to put him there, because they have Howard and his value is higher as an OF.

Plus... he's from Maryland.

Don't want Jason Donald. Don't want Carlos Carrasco. Don't want Lou Marson. Don't want Happy.

Don't want anything from the Phillies. And the only good prospects they have (the OF'ers and Drabek) they wouldn't trade for Sherrill.

I tend to agree with this unless we can move the prospects we get from Philly for another piece.

I would take Taylor for him without a doubt. Taylor is 6'6 250 lbs. and killing the ball. He's projected to be a 1B. Philly doesn't want to put him there' date=' because they have Howard and his value is higher as an OF.

Plus... he's from Maryland.[/quote']

Taylor sounds perfect if we can implant him at first next season. Would the phillies make that deal? And would AM make that deal?

I would take Taylor for him without a doubt. Taylor is 6'6 250 lbs. and killing the ball. He's projected to be a 1B. Philly doesn't want to put him there' date=' because they have Howard and his value is higher as an OF.

Who else would we have to throw in with Sherrill to get Taylor? It'd have to be someone significant. And where did you see that he's projected to be a 1B? I don't see any references to that.

He's a beast though!

http://www.reclinergm.com/minor-update-phillies-top-10-prospects-for-2009/

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/48589117.html?cmpid=15585797

I didn't know that he was projected to be a 1B, This deal makes even more sense now. So how about Sherrill for Michael Taylor strait up? This would be a great deal

Archived