Phillies are scouting Sherrill. What would we want in return?

My O's Face

I would be shocked if the Phils dealt him for Sherrill...If they would and the Orioles think he could play first, that is what they need to do.

I don't think Taylor would come cheap...but you have to give to get,

but also....

the Phils don't want to have the Jim Thome thing happen to them again....where they have someone (Ryan Howard) in the minors ready to come up but he's blocked by a big salary...so they wind up giving Jim Thome away....and have to pay a good portion of his salary for 3 years+, while he plays for someone else.....

The Phils starting 8 (except for 3B) are set for the next 2 seasons...with some guys for 3, 4 and 5 years...

there won't be any spots available for at least 2 years.....so, they are going to trade some good young prospects and go all in for the next 2 sesaons....

I don't think they would get anyone from Norfolk or top line Bowie but lower guy Bowie or top line Frederick is a definite possibility

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd rather have Taylor and Tillman than AGon without an extension and I can't imagine a scenario why he wouldn't wait for the Mets, and Bosox to offer him some money.

I'd rather have Tillman and Taylor than AGon with or without an extension.

I'd rather have Tillman and Taylor than AGon with or without an extension.

I would as well. Gonzo is only hitting like .249 with 26 HR's. Hell... Scotty's hitting .281 with 18 HR's.

Gonzo is 27 and Scott's 31. That may play a part, and that's the reason I'd be shopping Scott as well.

Seriously? What was so wrong with him saying that?

Do you get your feelings hurt about AGon as much as your buddy MM did?

Whether you agree with him or not is fine...But that is a valid thing to say.

Christ, I think people on this board enjoy being little old ladies playing bridge and talking about their friends more than they want to talk baseball...Its pretty pathetic.

Seriously? Yes, seriously, tough guy.

Here's one for you, too :rolleyes:

I disagree with him and you, what's wrong w/ that? Is it not valid to disagree?

Seriously? Yes, seriously, tough guy.

Here's one for you, too :rolleyes:

I disagree with him and you, what's wrong w/ that? Is it not valid to disagree?

1000% valid to disagree.

BS to jump on him everytime he says something and you know that is essentially what you are doing because that is what you usually do.

Not exactly news at this point, but for what it's worth, there was a Phillies scout at the game tonight looking at Sherrill and Baez extensively.

Only if we get Taylor & Donald!;)

Seriously, I like that we are getting a lot of interest form the contending teams. It shows that we have interest in making deals and that's exactly what we need to be doing.

Depth is our friend.

Not exactly news at this point, but for what it's worth, there was a Phillies scout at the game tonight looking at Sherrill and Baez extensively.

This is great news Lier..... Baez pitched pretty well all in all.... The swinging bunt single was just bad luck if your a pitcher. Even though he took the loss I'd say his stuff looked pretty good.

Archived