Phillies are scouting Sherrill. What would we want in return?

My O's Face

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I thought everyone here loved Donald not so long ago. What happened?

If AM hadn't foolishly given BRob that contract when he did and we needed a second baseman long term, then I would be ok with Donald. But it sounding like he won't stick at SS and he won't hit enough for third.

It is also discouraging that he is struggling at his age this year in AAA as well.

I would take him as the second player in the deal...but not the first.

Who else would we have to throw in with Sherrill to get Taylor? It'd have to be someone significant. And where did you see that he's projected to be a 1B? I don't see any references to that.

He's a beast though!

http://www.reclinergm.com/minor-update-phillies-top-10-prospects-for-2009/

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/48589117.html?cmpid=15585797

Buster Onley and Peter Gammons have mentioned he'll probably end up at 1B. But the kid has 20 SB's at 6'6 250 lbs. Wow!

With 8 teams in on Sherrill, I'd say that there is gonna be a battle for him. We're not trying to get Taylor... Philly's trying to get Sherrill.

If Hallady goes to Philly for Brown and Happ amoungst others, I'd say Philly won't move Taylor too. If a Halladay or Lee deal doesn't happen, we have a good shot at getting Taylor.

If AM hadn't foolishly given BRob that contract when he did and we needed a second baseman long term, then I would be ok with Donald. But it sounding like he won't stick at SS and he won't hit enough for third.

It is also discouraging that he is struggling at his age this year in AAA as well.

I would take him as the second player in the deal...but not the first.

Wow, I never knew you were not on board with the Roberts extension. How come?

Wow, I never knew you were not on board with the Roberts extension. How come?

I think there is a very good chance that he will be worth the contract he signed.

But I also think that they should have held off on signing him until now and seen what the market for him was in terms of trade value.

He would have signed that 4/40 deal at any point...No way another team comes close to that.

I think there is a very good chance that he will be worth the contract he signed.

But I also think that they should have held off on signing him until now and seen what the market for him was in terms of trade value.

He would have signed that 4/40 deal at any point...No way another team comes close to that.

But at that point Roberts might have said he might as well wait another couple months and just test free agency. Maybe someone doesn't offer him 4/40, but maybe he takes 4/32 to get a chance to win.

Taylor for Sherrill would be quite nice. I think MacPhail is looking for a two player return though.

Yep. AM is about obtaining inventory for our better chips. I would be very suprised if he did a 1 for 1.

But at that point Roberts might have said he might as well wait another couple months and just test free agency. Maybe someone doesn't offer him 4/40, but maybe he takes 4/32 to get a chance to win.

Then you offer him the arbitration and take the 2 picks.

Yep. AM is about obtaining inventory for our better chips. I would be very suprised if he did a 1 for 1.

When it comes to Sherrill, I think a top prospect would allow him to do a 1 for 1. I think that would be valued as better than two mediocre prospects at this point.

Archived