LA Angels

Wild Bill

You know you can ignore his posts, right? I like reading his predictions because it at least gives us something to discuss on the boards.

Yep, just like you can ignore mine. :eek:

This board is for discussing right? I dont choose to ignore entire threads and as long as I am not violating board rules why shouldnt I give my opinion?

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd rather not because most of the time you add a lot to the discussion but it seems to me you really have it out for wildbill and since he only really posts when he is making a prediction or giving us information, it might be best to just add him to your ignore list.

I'd rather not because most of the time you add a lot to the discussion but it seems to me you really have it out for wildbill and since he only really posts when he is making a prediction or giving us information, it might be best to just add him to your ignore list.

Thanks I appreciate that. Yeah, I never liked WB, but if I ignore him I would ignore the entire threads.

Its just exchanges of opinions so I dont think anyone but WB should get offended at what I say about him

since he [WB] only really posts when he is making a prediction or giving us information, it might be best to just add him to your ignore list.

Well, in fairness, if there is reason to be doubtful about a forecast of an impending major trade, then it is good for others to know that. For example, the post about LAA being on the verge of getting Gibby was one thing, then it got instantly transformed by others around here into Gibby-and-Javy. Which left me thinking, "Holy cow. Who the hell is gonna be left around here to knock in runs?" If there is reason to be doubtful about a forecast, then I'd like to know that too. And if it wasn't for the posts of people who are steamed about WB, then the ambient tone would have been, "It's the return of the Great Predictor". I have no idea if he's a Great Predictor or not unless I hear other people say what has happened before.

Sounds to me as if 2 things are going on: 1. Disillusionment with WB's predictions, and 2. Resentment by some that they've been nailed for not trusting such predictions. I don't see why anyone should get nailed for being suspicious of unfounded things. But I wasn't here, so I don't really know.

This board is for discussing right? I dont choose to ignore entire threads and as long as I am not violating board rules why shouldnt I give my opinion?

Yes, but you also helped hijack the thread (discussing the various ways a propsed Gibbons trade could go down), by rehashing the same old "I don't believe/I do believe the sources" argument. If you want to rant about that, I'd say go do it in a separate thread. Easier to not read it that way.

Do I believe the sources? It's almost beside the point. It's more interesting to read than people griping about them though.

I don't know if I'd trade Gibbons, even if it were an option. The team seems stuck in neutral though, so I'd be open to it if I thought it would (eventually) improve the team.

Sounds to me as if 2 things are going on: 1. Disillusionment with WB's predictions, and 2. Resentment by some that they've been nailed for not trusting such predictions. I don't see why anyone should get nailed for being suspicious of unfounded things. But I wasn't here, so I don't really know.

At times I have (and some others) deserved it because I wasnt always tactful, but sometimes I got trashed immediately for even questioning his predictions or bringing up past predictions gone wrong.

I have tried to back off but I cant help reading this forum and all posts so eventually it gets to me and I am a very opinionated person which sometimes gets me into trouble.

Wild Bill also talked about our interest in Manny before it happened.

You guys STILL do not understand that things are talked about and things fall apart due to many reasons.

I knew of a deal that would have brought us Texeiria a few years ago had the Rangers signed Delgado. That is the way it goes. Things are talked, things are put in place but other things have to happen for those things to work out.

At some point, MAYBE you guys will figure this out and learn to understand it.

These guys are told something and in turn, they tell us.

Highly doubtful WB is making up trading Gibbons, since he seems to be a huge supporter of Gibbons.

SG is exactly right. I for one do not doubt the Wild ones validity. This change as the result of a retuned phone call. Make of it what you will and that's it.

SG is exactly right. I for one do not doubt the Wild ones validity. This change as the result of a retuned phone call. Make of it what you will and that's it.

Sounds like WE inquired about a player and the response was that it would take Gibbons.

At times I have (and some others) deserved it because I wasnt always tactful, but sometimes I got trashed immediately for even questioning his predictions or bringing up past predictions gone wrong.

I have tried to back off but I cant help reading this forum and all posts so eventually it gets to me and I am a very opinionated person which sometimes gets me into trouble.

OK. I can understand that.

Maybe it would be better to just keep a list of WB's hits and WB's misses. Then you could just update it and post it whenever a new prediction comes along. That would have the facts speaking for themselves. As it is, it seems to work out so that you and your feeling become the issue instead of the trustworthiness of the predictions. (And, yes, I will shut-up and butt-out now ;-)

It appears to me that WB earned his "insider" cred by breaking the Mazilli firing and Duquette hiring before anyone else.

Since I've been around, the guy seems to come out with "insider" scoops that are the more "juicy" than Belkast's or bigbird's. He also tends to be more quick to suggest that something big is imminent.

Case in point is this latest (paraphrasing)...

Belkast/bigbird: "well not much going on lately... not much interest in Javy but the Angels will be looking at him."

wildbill: "the Angels are very interested in Gibbons and a deal is close."

Think NY Times vs. NY Post.

Thank you for the help. The "Times vs. Post" analogy certainly brings it down to earth.

What about Big Birds apparent confirmation?

I'm not smart enough to figure out exactly what BigBird really means based on his style of using few words, many of which are very ambiguous (ambiguous-for-me, anyway... maybe not ambiguous for you, I wouldn't know about that).

The most recent thread over in "Classic Hangout Threads" has Will Bill in the thread title... but WB did *not* start that thread.

Anyway, after dealing with *this* thread, reading through that one is absolutely hilarious. My favorite quote from it is:

These threads are always like train wrecks. We're compelled to read, but... there's blood everywhere from people banging their heads on their computer screens.

Archived