Who boosts their stock the most in 2010?

QBsILLEST1

Didnt we have three Britton's in the system at the same time one year? I know we have two right now, not sure about the third:p

I'm not confident that Zach and Buck were in the system before Chris was traded/released (can't remember which; he did go to the Yankees though). That was a couple years ago.

I'm not confident that Zach and Buck were in the system before Chris was traded/released (can't remember which; he did go to the Yankees though). That was a couple years ago.

I think you're right about the 3 not being in the system at the same time. And Chris Britton was traded for Jaret Wright. Last time I heard Chris was in independent ball.

I think you're right about the 3 not being in the system at the same time. And Chris Britton was traded for Jaret Wright. Last time I heard Chris was in independent ball.

Zach and Chris were together, Buck I don't think was in the system yet. Chris Britton by the way was released from the York Revolution in August. Seems his weight has gotten the best of his ability.

Zach and Chris were together, Buck I don't think was in the system yet. Chris Britton by the way was released from the York Revolution in August. Seems his weight has gotten the best of his ability.

Thats a shame, he posted a good season with us when we brought him up. I always figured hed be a least a decent middle reliever, and he actually took the time to talk to me when the Yankees came to play the Hokies down at Virginia Tech. Seemed like a nice guy but didnt seem to like playing with the Yankees much (purely me reading into his comments), though he did autograph my scorecard for that game.

Thats a shame, he posted a good season with us when we brought him up. I always figured hed be a least a decent middle reliever, and he actually took the time to talk to me when the Yankees came to play the Hokies down at Virginia Tech. Seemed like a nice guy but didnt seem to like playing with the Yankees much (purely me reading into his comments), though he did autograph my scorecard for that game.

Chris was one of my favorite players from that '05 Keys team when I interned there. We went on a few appearances together and always asked how things were whenever we ran into each other. I'm sure getting traded for Jaret Wright probably irked him as much as it irked the OH community. Hopefully he's not done with his playing career yet and finds a team this offseason.

Chris was one of my favorite players from that '05 Keys team when I interned there. We went on a few appearances together and always asked how things were whenever we ran into each other. I'm sure getting traded for Jaret Wright probably irked him as much as it irked the OH community. Hopefully he's not done with his playing career yet and finds a team this offseason.

Ah, I forgot about my favorite 09 draftee Jacob Cowan. He too will turn some heads if he hadnt begun to this year. Shoot Wirsch already started turning heads this year as he got mention in BAs top 20 lists per league, he woulda been on it if he had enough IP. His K's would possibly suggest he started to fill out into his body and gained a few MPH, but it could just as easily be wishful thinking. I find it hard to believe that BA would consider putting a guy who threw in the high 80's in a top 20 list, normally they look for more than that.....

Ah, I forgot about my favorite 09 draftee Jacob Cowan. He too will turn some heads if he hadnt begun to this year. Shoot Wirsch already started turning heads this year as he got mention in BAs top 20 lists per league, he woulda been on it if he had enough IP. His K's would possibly suggest he started to fill out into his body and gained a few MPH, but it could just as easily be wishful thinking. I find it hard to believe that BA would consider putting a guy who threw in the high 80's in a top 20 list, normally they look for more than that.....

I guess time will tell, but unless this year's draftees go to Delmarva, I doubt they'll be high risers. I expect Bundy/Beal 2009-type of years from them. They'll be guys that we generally follow a little bit, but their results won't necessarily be meaningful w/r/t high-risers.

On that note, Bundy could make a big splash next year if the one report on his progress is legit. Given his draft hype, that report and the uneven results from this season, I'm more interested to see Tony's take on Bundy than just about anyone else.

I guess time will tell, but unless this year's draftees go to Delmarva, I doubt they'll be high risers. I expect Bundy/Beal 2009-type of years from them. They'll be guys that we generally follow a little bit, but their results won't necessarily be meaningful w/r/t high-risers.

On that note, Bundy could make a big splash next year if the one report on his progress is legit. Given his draft hype, that report and the uneven results from this season, I'm more interested to see Tony's take on Bundy than just about anyone else.

What report did you see where it said Bundy has made progress?

As for Cowan and Wirsch, both of them did better in their pro debuts than either Bundy or Beal did. Now, as for Wirsch I really dont know much about where hes at right now velo wise, but Cowan OTOH IMO will do better than what we have seen from Beal or Bundy thus far. He has K'd more hitters and given up less runs. Cowan will be in Delmarva next year, as will Tolliver. Dunno about Randy Henry even though I do believe he could make the jump.

What report did you see where it said Bundy has made progress?

As for Cowan and Wirsch, both of them did better in their pro debuts than either Bundy or Beal did. Now, as for Wirsch I really dont know much about where hes at right now velo wise, but Cowan OTOH IMO will do better than what we have seen from Beal or Bundy thus far. He has K'd more hitters and given up less runs. Cowan will be in Delmarva next year, as will Tolliver. Dunno about Randy Henry even though I do believe he could make the jump.

I can't find the link anymore, but some other site was posting a daily top 30. I have no idea how legit it is, but it had Bundy at number 30. The write-up said that he had been working on some things and had made strong improvements during the year. They made it sound like he's a potential break-out guy in 2010.

On the other guys...I'm not discounting their talent, just their league and their innings. The short season is obviously not as long, and it seems like guys aren't kept on quite the same regular schedules as the full-season teams. The opportunity to raise in prospect circles just isn't the same, IMO.

So, unless a guy is absolutely light's out, I doubt he raises much in most of our eyes. Similarly, if he is light's out, he'll likely make it to Delmarva anyway.

I think Britton makes a leap into the top-100 next year, and I think there's an outside chance that he leaps into the top-50 with solidified slider and a better change-up. He's already got the results. A slight up-tick in his stuff (or more importantly, in recognition of his stuff) will lead to a leap.

I think Bundy is the other one. I look for him to have a big year.

I think Britton makes a leap into the top-100 next year, and I think there's an outside chance that he leaps into the top-50 with solidified slider and a better change-up. He's already got the results. A slight up-tick in his stuff (or more importantly, in recognition of his stuff) will lead to a leap.

I think Bundy is the other one. I look for him to have a big year.

I agree. I see Britton possibly becoming a top 50 guy, but it hinges on his ability to consistently throw the slider as a plus pitch and imrpove the changeup which I honestly see him doing next year. And IMO if he splits the year between AA and AAA and is lights out in both stints he'll have his best chance, BA seems to put a lot of stock into a guy being able to jump levels and remaind consistently good. This is actually what I remember reading about Patton when they made him a top 100 guy, since he jumped a few levels and was successful at every stint, they gave him the recognition, I could see this happening for Britton jumping him to the top 50.....

I can't find the link anymore, but some other site was posting a daily top 30. I have no idea how legit it is, but it had Bundy at number 30. The write-up said that he had been working on some things and had made strong improvements during the year. They made it sound like he's a potential break-out guy in 2010.

On the other guys...I'm not discounting their talent, just their league and their innings. The short season is obviously not as long, and it seems like guys aren't kept on quite the same regular schedules as the full-season teams. The opportunity to raise in prospect circles just isn't the same, IMO.

So, unless a guy is absolutely light's out, I doubt he raises much in most of our eyes. Similarly, if he is light's out, he'll likely make it to Delmarva anyway.

I agree, thats why Cowan, Henry, Tolliver, Berry and Hobgood somehow are gonna make the jump to Delmarva. But then theres Beal and Bundy too, so I really do not know. But Cowan and Tolliver at this point are definites as well as Hobgood for atleast Delmarva. And Bundy and Beal should be definites as well, but still I could be wrong. Itll be itneresting to see how its handled. I wonder if theyll consider someone skipping Delmarva altogether and heading straight to Fredrick. If not for the injury I may say Berry, he probably has the most experience of these guys and polish, but Tolliver's short but lights out stint as well as Cowan's may make them looked upon as at a slightly higher level than Berry and make them make the leap to Fredrick. Theyre at this moment I beleive the same age as Britton is to put it into perspective....

Archived