Who boosts their stock the most in 2010?

QBsILLEST1

Im really bored at work, looking for something to discuss, so Ill ask who of our current prospects boosts their stock the most? IMO the best example of a player doing this for 09 was Zach Britton, he went from not even being mentioned a s a top 20 player in his league the last few years to becoming a probable top 100 prospect. So, who do you think will blow up next year?

In my opinion, we will have a few guys who really boost their stock in the upcoming season. I think Hobgood, Coffey and Henry really bost their respective stocks...

Randy Henry, at this point may have the best stuff of any pitcher we drafted in 2009. Since he hurt his arm a year ago, hes really been babied by his coaches and so far by our coaches with the O's. He has mid 90's fastball and a possible plus slider and change up. I have a feeling that next year hes is really gonna boost his stock and put himself on the prospect map. Though he was drafted in the 4th round this year, he had the stuff to be a legit 1st rounder, but he didnt pitch much and it really allowed us to take him in the 4th round. If he didnt sign with us, he would have went back into JUCO ball where he was listed as the 2nd best prospect in JUCO rated just behind the consensus #1 overall pick for 2010 Bryce Harper....

Cameron Coffey is another one who I suspect will light up top prospect lists soon as well. Hes also a 1st round talent who dropped due to injury and signability. Hes massively projectable that some say may wind up throwing mid- upper 90's by the time he fills all the way out. His secondaries need work, but he has a ton of promise and I expect him to become one of our top prospects starting next year once he gets going....

Matt Hobgood is another legitimate breakout threat. He was rated I believe the #4 prospect in his league. He was rated this hihgly not based off of stats but mostly off of his pedigree. He performed OK though he wasnt in pitching shape, and it showed. IMO next year when hes in good shape, and his fastball is 91-95 again with that power curve and developing changeup, hes going to skyrocket up lists. It will be interesting to see how much he develops between now and then and how his changeup comes along. If he pitches well next year, he has the best chance IMO of these guys to land on a top 100 list....

So, who do you think will blow up next year as Britton did this year and as Arrieta did in 08? Explain why....Im begging for discussion on some of our prospects.....

I'm going with Hoes. This was a tough year for him on many levels, but I still believe in his combination of tangibles and intangibles.

My hope is that Ryan Adams has a healthy year, hits .320 and finally becomes an average fielder. I think the first two are much more likely than the third. The other two guys that I hope really improve their overall status, but don't have a lot of confidence is, are Spoone and Patton. Damn labrums.

I do like the Welty pick by Stotle though. He's been on that guy for over a year now, and he's been right so far.

If Welty doesn't crash and burn due to contact rate, he'll have to get noticed next year if he turns in another top 15ish offensive performance in the league.

This.

If he hits .300 with decent pop at frederick next year, he'll start to turn some heads.

Waring. I think he'll go from "is he breaking out?" to "broken out" next year.

I dunno, Id consider him having really broken out this year, but Ill agree with you, I think he will further establish himself as a power hitting prospect. As long as he can make enough contact at the ML level, hes gonna hit some HRs, he could be like our Carlos Pena, horrible BA with big time pop......

I mentioned on another thread that I think Ryan Berry is gonna turn some heads next year as well. He is a 1st round talent from college, and like msot college 1st ounders, hes polished and doesnt have a ton of development to do like an HSer would, so Id expect him to perform pretty well. He was amazing last year before the injury in college....

I think 2010 will be Rowell's last chance. If he doesn't figure things out he is in big trouble.

I think Steve Johnson wants to be known as Steve Johnson, not Dave Johnson's son who was filler in the trade with Bell. I expect him to keep turning it up.

Bell is going to put up some big numbers so he can get to the show.

Britton is going to shine and prove he belongs in phase two of our young pitching core.

Caleb Joseph will continue to hit and I think they may try playing him at the corner positions as he moves up the ladder.

Waring also will continue to build up his stock. I think it will be fun to follow his progress in 2010.

Britton, Britton, and Britton will all do phenomenally.

Did I mention that Britton is going to do well?

'Cause I really like that Britton guy, yessir.

I think Britton is gonna continue to where he left off this year. He should already be a top 100 guy, and how far up the chain he amkes it depends on how well he does in 2010. He could very well make it into the top 50 if he has another season like he did this year, especially now that he put his name on the map....

I mentioned on another thread that I think Ryan Berry is gonna turn some heads next year as well. He is a 1st round talent from college, and like msot college 1st ounders, hes polished and doesnt have a ton of development to do like an HSer would, so Id expect him to perform pretty well. He was amazing last year before the injury in college....

I feel the same way. He's probably my favorite draft pick from '09.

Does anyone think Givens is going to put up good numbers? I really have my doubts...

Archived