Rowell to AA?

waroriole

That appears to be a good possibility according to this article from Melewski.

http://masnsports.com/2009/10/whats-next-for-billy-rowell.html

In an interview with O's president Andy MacPhail in Frederick late this summer, he told reporters Rowell needed a change of scenery from Frederick in 2010.

Sending Rowell back a level to Delmarva, does not seem to be in the plans. The O's are said to be considering sending Rowell to Double-A Bowie next year despite his poor statistics.

Stockstill said the club has pretty much ruled out sending Rowell back to Delmarva, where he played in 2007.

"I don't see that as a possibility. I don't think we are entertaining a move to Delmarva for Billy."

I agree with this move. It basically tells him "get your act together and prove you can hack it in AA". I doubt he will ever put it together, and I be he'll be out of the system after 2010, but it is the right message to send him right now.

Right...this is absolutely the right move..Basically, s*** or get off the pot.

Nothing wrong with that.

Man, hes gonna get carved up in AA. I guess its a move that has to be made though. It also makes you wonder, if he woulda kept hitting like he did at first, hed probably be in baltimore or close to it to begin the year. He showed so much promise in the beginning too, but I guess it is what it is. Looks like Hosmer could be going in the same direction as well. Imagine passing on Matusz to get Hosmer. Then watchign Matusz fly through the system to the majors as the top pitching prospect who has pitched a pro inning and Hosmer sink in his first full eyar in pro ball...must suck

Man, hes gonna get carved up in AA. I guess its a move that has to be made though. It also makes you wonder, if he woulda kept hitting like he did at first, hed probably be in baltimore or close to it to begin the year. He showed so much promise in the beginning too, but I guess it is what it is. Looks like Hosmer could be going in the same direction as well. Imagine passing on Matusz to get Hosmer. Then watchign Matusz fly through the system to the majors as the top pitching prospect who has pitched a pro inning and Hosmer sink in his first full eyar in pro ball...must suck

Yeah and Hosmer got about twice the money.

However there is still plenty of hope for Hosmer if the Royals can show a little patience. He was just starting to put it together in the Midwest League when the Royals inexplicably promoted him to High A. Before the promotion he was showing good plate discipline (.352 OBP from .254 BA), though not a lot of pop. He's still very young for his level--hey is that a Billy Rowell echo???

I just think that, even with Rowell's vastly decreased value, he could be worth more to us in a trade than he is to keep him in this organization around a bunch of players and coaches that he's alienated or taken time from. I understand that the coaches change by level, but a lot of the players are the same.

There has to be a poisonous atmosphers around this guy. It's not necessarily that he's a bad guy, it's because he's taking playing time away from more deserving players (which includes prospects and non-prospects at this point).

I really think it would be good for all parties if Rowell moves to another organization. I think AM's "change of scenery" could mean more than a promotion to AA.

Archived