Schmuck: O's getting closer on Millwood

jdmyprez

You would have to believe that the Orioles would try to throw Steve Johnson in a deal to lesson the starting pitcher we give up. Johnson isn;t on the 40 man roster, but he could be traded. Johnson and Berken would be fantastic because a guy like Millwood could have trade value at the deadline and get you a solid minor league arm back at that time.

I'd say:

Rangers pay $2 Million of Millwood's salary: Berken

Rangers pay $3.5 Million of Millwood's salary: Erbe

Rangers pay $5 Million of Millwood's salary: Hernandez

Erbe is a solid arm, but Texas may prefer Hernandez who has already showed promise at the big league level. Johnson is included in each of the deals.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You would have to believe that the Orioles would try to throw Steve Johnson in a deal to lesson the starting pitcher we give up. Johnson isn;t on the 40 man roster, but he could be traded. Johnson and Berken would be fantastic because a guy like Millwood could have trade value at the deadline and get you a solid minor league arm back at that time.

I'd say:

Rangers pay $2 Million of Millwood's salary: Berken

Rangers pay $3.5 Million of Millwood's salary: Erbe

Rangers pay $5 Million of Millwood's salary: Hernandez

Erbe is a solid arm, but Texas may prefer Hernandez who has already showed promise at the big league level. Johnson is included in each of the deals.

Neither of those are good trades for the Orioles....I hope that Erbe or DH, no matter how much money is beaten eaten by Texas, aren't in the deal.

I'll be pretty unhappy if we move someone like Hernandez or Erbe for Millwood.

Berken I'd be fine with, and maybe even Steve Johnson although I'd rather keep him. I really don't want to give up very much for Millwood.

I got a feeling Erbe would be the guy, but before we start putting the deal down, there is always a chance we could deal Millwood at the deadline for a player with Erbe's upside. I would be more upset if we traded Hernandez because I think he could be a solid reliever.

I got a feeling Erbe would be the guy, but before we start putting the deal down, there is always a chance we could deal Millwood at the deadline for a player with Erbe's upside. I would be more upset if we traded Hernandez because I think he could be a solid reliever.
It will be a bad deal IMO if we include either Erbe or Hernandez. The possibility of flipping Millwood at the deadline does nothing for me to soften the blow.

I'm very dubious of the thought that MacPhail would include either guy for Millwood, so I'm not going to get too upset about anything that hasn't happened yet.

Neither of those are good trades for the Orioles....I hope that Erbe or DH, no matter how much money is beaten eaten by Texas, aren't in the deal.

How much money are we expecting the Rangers to eat? $5 Million is a lot of money for the Rangers to eat and I would imagine Millwood and $5 Million could net a Hernandez from a few other teams in the league.

When I hear second tier arm I instantly think of Berken as the guy AM will try to deal, but the fact that they mention the player the Rangers receive depends on how much of his salary they eat. Therefore, Patton would be the low guy. Berken would be the intermediate guy and either Erbe or Hernandez would be the best option available to them. Does anyone really think the Rangers would eat $6 Million of a $12 Million contract for Erbe or Hernandez?

And here is a chance Millwood sucks and you can't move him.

Sorry but trading Erbe for him would be terrible.

There are too many other possibilities out there to make that move.

Archived