It’s time! Upsets, live look in, news, it’s March Madness! (In game, pre & post game)

O's are Legends

They may be equal here but to think WV holds the edge is homerism, especially mentally.

I would have to disagree. Read any description of WVU basketball from just about any source and their toughness is the one trait mentioned time and time again. The meme for the UK game was the most talented team in the country vs. the toughest team in the country.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like Duke's chances the rest of the way in this tournament. Nobody is a prohibitive favorite, but Duke's key guys seem to hold their poise down the stretch. It should be a great Final Four.

Congrats to your team Frobby. Hope Duke represents the ACC and the conference can go back to back.

And after next year, back to back to back...with back to back titles in Durham! :)

I have 4 since I've become a fan (82, 93, '05, '09)..This could be your fourth. Go get that one first...we'll worry about next year then.

I have 4 since I've become a fan (82, 93, '05, '09)..This could be your fourth. Go get that one first...we'll worry about next year then.

Yea..Im not over-confident or anything right now...I think they will have to beat West Virginia and then Mich St to win the title. That is pretty tough but certainly doable...better than Kentucky and Kansas.

Congrats to your team Frobby. Hope Duke represents the ACC and the conference can go back to back.

This Duke team is not as talented as the other Coach K teams that won the title, or as talented as any of the Carolina teams that have won. But, contrary to what some were thinking about Kansas and/or Kentucky, there really wasn't a super-team in 2010. So, it's totally up in the air as to which of the 4 teams wins next weekend.

This Duke team is not as talented as the other Coach K teams that won the title, or as talented as any of the Carolina teams that have won. But, contrary to what some were thinking about Kansas and/or Kentucky, there really wasn't a super-team in 2010. So, it's totally up in the air as to which of the 4 teams wins next weekend.

Agreed, that Carolina team, much like the '92 Duke team were once in a lifetime type clubs. I think Duke deserves to be favorwd, but it's definitely not a slam dunk.

BTW, so many of you have talked about how easy Duke has had it...Now, a lot of you don't mind quoting the Pomeroy rankings...Well, if you respect those rankings, then you should respect what Duke has done and realize that maybe their road wasn't as easy as many of you thought...Beating #7, #15 AND #16 in those rankings.

http://kenpom.com/rate.php

BTW, so many of you have talked about how easy Duke has had it...Now, a lot of you don't mind quoting the Pomeroy rankings...Well, if you respect those rankings, then you should respect what Duke has done and realize that maybe their road wasn't as easy as many of you thought...Beating #7, #15 AND #16 in those rankings.

http://kenpom.com/rate.php

1. The rankings don't factor in Hummell's injury.

2.Their bracket held. Hypothetically, if all the higher ranked Polmeroy teams would've won Duke still had a rather easy path compared to the other 1 seeds. The following is the 1 seeds and their roads through their bracket if the bracket holds according to Pomeroy.

Kansas:

Northern Iowa #30

Maryland #11

Ohio St #6

Syracuse:

Florida St #24

Butler#12

Kansas St#8

Kentucky:

Texas #18

Wisconsin#9

WV#5

Duke:

Cal#15

Purdue#16

Baylor#7

Only Syracuse's draw was arguably easier. It doesn't take away from what Duke acomplished as they were the only #1 seed not to slip up and they did it by beating what Pomeroy says was the 3 best teams in their bracket. Still, that doesn't change what people were saying going into the tournament that Duke had one of the easier draws for a 1 seed.

Archived