Coaching changes

beaner

BC fired their Football coach when he interviewed somewhere else a few years ago too. I guess Coen from Northeastern could get that gig.

They have said they want to talk to the coach at Cornell(Donahue), Amaker and there was another name I am forgetting.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Terrible descision by BC to fire Skinner. He led them to being a soldid program... and that is their sky high potential. Their program might now become irrelevant and be the DePaul of the ACC, with the terrible facilities (their gym is embarrasing) and bc being a hockey school. Please kick out BC and Miami from the ACC.

Terrible descision by BC to fire Skinner. He led them to being a soldid program... and that is their sky high potential. Their program might now become irrelevant and be the DePaul of the ACC, with the terrible facilities (their gym is embarrasing) and bc being a hockey school. Please kick out BC and Miami from the ACC.

Its all about football...They aren't going anywhere.

I agree that BC could become a DePaul/St Johns type thing but its not like Skinner is the only coach who can make that a solid program.

The thing is, this is a basketball confrence. Expansions should not be made to add in mediocre football teams. I would prefer the original acc of 9 teams.

Right now Miami and BC and even VaTech aren't that great. But, when it comes down to it, they are traditionally much better powers than any ACC program save FSU.

Right now Miami and BC and even VaTech aren't that great. But, when it comes down to it, they are traditionally much better powers than any ACC program save FSU.

Right now BC and Miami are mediocre and VT is pretty good.

Miami should be much better though. Didn't they have the most ridiculously talented college football team ever about 8-10 years ago?

Right now BC and Miami are mediocre and VT is pretty good.

Miami should be much better though. Didn't they have the most ridiculously talented college football team ever about 8-10 years ago?

Their 2001 NC team might have been able to beat some NFL squads. Miami will be back as far as football goes....they might even be a legit contender for the ACC Title this upcoming season.

BC has been a very solid, if unspectacular, football program for quite a while. A lot of other ACC programs would be pretty pleased to have achieved such a level of "mediocrity."

Basketball-wise, neither BC or Miami bring much to the table. They might compete with the ACC's best once every few years, but that's about their ceiling as far as I can see.

What both BC and Miami truly bring to the ACC are two large TV markets. Thanks to that, both will remain members of the conference for as long as they desire.

Archived