Coaching changes

beaner

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GT would score huge with Tubby.

I think UVA made more sense since Tubby is from the DC area, right? Maybe proximity to home?

Still, I would want the GT job over Minnesota any day of the week....But will GT pay enough money?

What about Scott Drew? GT is a better job than Baylor as well.

I think UVA made more sense since Tubby is from the DC area, right? Maybe proximity to home?

Still, I would want the GT job over Minnesota any day of the week....But will GT pay enough money?

He could have Dunn and Udoh back next season (unless they leave early). I can't see him leaving that team just yet...

I thought he was a lock to go to UVA, but I guess he thought at the time Minnesota was his future. Yes, he's from the area. He already turned down Auburn, but I agree about the GT job, and he has ties to the area from his time at Georgia.

Scott Drew is a good one, he'll be mentioned for all the big ones I'm sure. I read yesterday that Turgeon was the favorite for the Oregon job if he wants it, but i wouldn't expect Drew to move from Baylor to A&M. Neither have ever been hoops powerhouses though A&M has been a fairly consistent tourney team the last 7-8 years or so.

Gillespie could get the Houston job if he wants it as well..

I am sure the Saint Mary's coach will get offers as well.

Good call, another Oregon candidate I'm sure...St Mary's is where Kent came from and that worked out well for the Ducks.

It's crazy how post season performance can get these guys jobs, but the grass isn't always greener. These guys that left Butler, Xavier, and Gonzaga over the years didn't always succeed. Thad Matta excluded of course.

Interesting to me that Hewitt would leave GT for St Johns....On one hand, its a no brainer...Go to St Johns and try to build up that program in the shadow of NYC..OTOH, he has had a good run at Tech and recruits well to there and Tech is a better program right now.

Auburn is interviewing Tony Barbee from UTEP, as well as Sam Houston State and North Texas coach. It seems like their willing to spend up to $2M a year for the right guy since they have a new $90M arena opening this year. Tubby turned them down, but I think he might be staying put in Minnesota. Also, Chuck Person is being mentioned prominently for the Auburn job.

Auburn is interviewing Tony Barbee from UTEP, as well as Sam Houston State and North Texas coach. It seems like their willing to spend up to $2M a year for the right guy since they have a new $90M arena opening this year. Tubby turned them down, but I think he might be staying put in Minnesota. Also, Chuck Person is being mentioned prominently for the Auburn job.

Good info, keep us posted. I'm disappointed they let my man Lebo go, but i guess no NCAA's in 6 years is unacceptable.

Interesting to me that Hewitt would leave GT for St Johns....On one hand, its a no brainer...Go to St Johns and try to build up that program in the shadow of NYC..OTOH, he has had a good run at Tech and recruits well to there and Tech is a better program right now.

Yeah, I think the biggest reason for going to St Johns is recruiting and being a big star in that market. But he already recruits really well there as you said, so I guess it's just the lure of NYC?

Yeah, I think the biggest reason for going to St Johns is recruiting and being a big star in that market. But he already recruits really well there as you said, so I guess it's just the lure of NYC?

Well, money helps...I heard they were dangling 3 million a year out there..Whether they are willing to give that much to Hewitt or not, who knows.

I guess maybe the idea of turning that program around, in that city, means a lot..especially to someone from NY?

It has the potential to be a great program, there is no doubt about that.

Well, money helps...I heard they were dangling 3 million a year out there..Whether they are willing to give that much to Hewitt or not, who knows.

I guess maybe the idea of turning that program around, in that city, means a lot..especially to someone from NY?

It has the potential to be a great program, there is no doubt about that.

Well obviously if they offered a lot more money, that's what matters most.

Archived