Misery loves company

Rex Thunder

Wow. Watching Houston play right now- I'd swear they were the orioles undercover.

Carlos Lee just drops an easy pop fly ball with two outs. His team is 0-7, but has a 2-0 lead in the 4th. After the dropped ball- the Cardinals rally to get on the board.

They just got out of the inning- but amazing how things happen when you're going down.

It's not just us.

Wow. Watching Houston play right now- I'd swear they were the orioles undercover.

Carlos Lee just drops an easy pop fly ball with two outs. His team is 0-7, but has a 2-0 lead in the 4th. After the dropped ball- the Cardinals rally to get on the board.

They just got out of the inning- but amazing how things happen when you're going down.

It's not just us.

And this is supposed to make us feel better about the Orioles?:confused:

And this is supposed to make us feel better about the Orioles?:confused:

Who said it should make us feel better about the Orioles? The Misery loves Company line was in jest. Relax.

Though admittedly, I am glad we aren't the only punching bags in the majors.

Besides that- just had flashbacks of our closer issues 2 years ago watching Dany Baez just give up 3 runs to the Nationals off 3 homeruns- in almost the same fashion as he blew a Sunday game for the Orioles against them. A solo hr by Adam Dunn- followed by a pinch hit 2-run shot by Ryan Zimmerman.

Good to see Baez staying true to form.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• I went to the game as part of a fundraiser for my daughter's school, so I was happy to go.  But it was not fun to watch.  But I need to know from others if it seemed like the Brewers were being a little showboaty or sort of in your face-ish.  One instance in particular makes me ask, before the benches cleared, was in maybe the 4th or 5th inning, the Brewers struck out an Oriole batter on a close pitch with the batter sort of standing stunned in the box when their catcher pops up, bounded a couple leaps in the air (edit - toward his bench) and hurled the ball into the upper deck.  The batter was still in the box.  It all happened fast, but I was kind of stunned.  I haven't seen anything like that. I'm sorry on not having better details our seats were in 81 under cover with no vantage point of the Jumbotron. lol  and other than the phone I had trouble following who was up or any other info about the game in the midst of my daughter talking my ear off the whole time which was, admittedly, the whole reason for going to the game in the first place.  Good night out, terrible game.
    • I’m unclear how the plan to stretch him out would work. 
    • All you say/propose could be correct. But I struggle to see the problem/issue. All players at the professional level are independent contractors at the end of the day. Yes, they want to win and are hyper competitive, but they also want to get paid. He is one year away from receiving generational transforming money and he knows that his performance will determine that. When it comes to him viewing the Orioles as an oasis in a desert, why would he do that? He’s coming from a winning/successful organization and going to another. The Orioles have not done anything on the field (during his tenure as a pro) that is any better than the Brewers. We HOPE that they get there, but they have a long way to go.
    • The OnlyoneOriole advice column would be a sensation. Who wants to start a thread?
    • I do think front offices generally are trying to get more innings from big relief arms, looking at what the Giants are doing with Jordan Hicks, or even the Brewers with DL Hall. I believe the Sigbots seeing so many Arms that can be good once through the order is some of how/why the SP5 role isn't as prominent anymore.    SP5 does have more pre-trade deadline importance as the middle-tier Clubs see who is and is not having a good season any given year. Akin has been so good so far I'm sure he'll get expanded opportunities for more innings if he keeps throwing well.    He'd be an interesting Opener against a lineup with some strong left handed bats, and after last night looking for ways to ease things up for Tyler Wells may be helpful.
    • Sometimes we need to tip our hat to the other team.  We weren't hitting or pitching.  They were. People under-estimate Peralta as "just" a 5 and diver. MIL is a good team.  Ortiz looks like he could be an answer to one of their holes.  Chourio having a ROY start.  And Yelich is a competitor.  Hoskins > Tellez.  Other than the long-term decision of cashing out on Burnes, they made some good moves this off-season.
    • Is that reaching for the line drives back up the middle?
  • Popular Contributors