The Evil Empire is Dead

Jagwar

This is pretty interesting to me..Everybody cries and complains that the Yankees get too much coverage, and that's all ESPN covers...yada yada yada. A few people mentioned that the media was talking more about Torre than anything, including the Indians and how unfair that was...

Now, looking on this board tonight, there are literally over 300 posts about what else, the Yankees. Not much in terms of praising the Indians although clearly that's what we should be doing. Crediting the Tribe for playing a great series. But what are we doing, what else, talking about the Yankees! So it's not ok for the media, but 300 posts on an ORIOLES message board about them is ok.

Great, the Yankees lost and their season is over. Terrific. If that makes everyone happy, that's fine. However, the Orioles are still awful, and that's what has to change.

Wow dude, off the meds???

The Yankees lost, we are rejoicing. It's Orioles news when the Yankees lose because ..... WE HATE THE YANKEES!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Clearly, the Indians were the better team. No one can deny that. I freely admit I was dead wrong about this series.

I don't think you can say that based on a 5 game series. However, the Indians were better in the regular season, which is what really shows who the best teams are.

Wow dude, off the meds???

The Yankees lost, we are rejoicing. It's Orioles news when the Yankees lose because ..... WE HATE THE YANKEES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Absolutely, rejoice away. I understand that. My point is that all of the Yankee coverage on here is a bit ironic considering that so many complain about the amount of coverage the Yankees get...Just ironic.

Absolutely, rejoice away. I understand that. My point is that all of the Yankee coverage on here is a bit ironic considering that so many complain about the amount of coverage the Yankees get...Just ironic.

You are right. Now let me get back to gloating! :D

This is pretty interesting to me..Everybody cries and complains that the Yankees get too much coverage, and that's all ESPN covers...yada yada yada. A few people mentioned that the media was talking more about Torre than anything, including the Indians and how unfair that was...

Now, looking on this board tonight, there are literally over 300 posts about what else, the Yankees. Not much in terms of praising the Indians although clearly that's what we should be doing. Crediting the Tribe for playing a great series. But what are we doing, what else, talking about the Yankees! So it's not ok for the media, but 300 posts on an ORIOLES message board about them is ok.

Great, the Yankees lost and their season is over. Terrific. If that makes everyone happy, that's fine. However, the Orioles are still awful, and that's what has to change.

This has nothing to do with that.

You're one of my favorite posters on here, and I fully support you on the whole media bias issue, however your anti Yankee hating posts are starting to get almost as stale as the media hates the O's posts.;)

This has nothing to do with that.

You're one of my favorite posters on here, and I fully support you on the whole media bias issue, however your anti Yankee hating posts are starting to get almost as stale as the media hates the O's posts.;)

Fair enough, I'm done with it...Thanks for the good words.

Yes, it is ironic, I'll give you that, and it's a great point to the people complaining about the media coverage here.

It never gets old watching the Yankees fall apart in the post season! ;)

I think my favorite part of the video on mlb.com of the Indians players rejoicing and jumping around on the field is that when Posada comes back to the dugout after striking out, some guy sitting behind the dugout tries to ask for an autograph! That's just not good timing dude, LOL :D

Congratulations Indians! Thanks for giving Ohio something to cheer about tonight besides college football!!! :)

It never gets old watching the Yankees fall apart in the post season! ;)

I think my favorite part of the video on mlb.com of the Indians players rejoicing and jumping around on the field is that when Posada comes back to the dugout after striking out, some guy sitting behind the dugout tries to ask for an autograph! That's just not good timing dude, LOL :D

Congratulations Indians! Thanks for giving Ohio something to cheer about tonight besides college football!!! :)

That's just funny ....

I went to sleep not knowing who won. I wake up and its like Christmas morning for grownups. The Yankees lost. I'm gonna be happy for days. And to top it off Mussina started and he sucked once again.

Hope he is glad he traded the love and admiration of Orioles fans for the indifference of Yankees fans. In ten years you will be hard pressed to remember Mussina was a Yankee. His career there has been rather quiet.

Archived