The Evil Empire is Dead

Jagwar

Absolutely, rejoice away. I understand that. My point is that all of the Yankee coverage on here is a bit ironic considering that so many complain about the amount of coverage the Yankees get...Just ironic.

To be fair, not much else happened in baseball last night. We'd obsess if Millar had a hangnail. The Yankees choking again certainly is going to get a huge response. Now if there was as much daily discussion here about the NYYs as there are on say, the Sun boards, I'd understand your point more. No big deal however.

To me, this is like those nights at OPaCY when the O's beat the Yanks this season and all the NY fans go drooping back to their hotel rooms....except on a national scale. :002_sbiggrin:

Next, knock off the Sawks!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Mr Clutch": 4/17, 0 HR, 1 RBI

"The Devil in Pinstripes": 4/15. 1 HR, 1 RBI

But, don't worry. The Jeter lovers will ignore this off season, just like all his other sub-mediocre ones, in favor of his good ones to prove their point. Good riddance Yanks.

I went to sleep not knowing who won. I wake up and its like Christmas morning for grownups. The Yankees lost. I'm gonna be happy for days. And to top it off Mussina started and he sucked once again.

Hope he is glad he traded the love and admiration of Orioles fans for the indifference of Yankees fans. In ten years you will be hard pressed to remember Mussina was a Yankee. His career there has been rather quiet.

Mussina didnt start, he came on in relief of Wang in the 2nd inning. Mussina actually looked decent. Not great and definitely not worth $13M, but he at least looks like a #5 starting pitcher again.

Absolutely, rejoice away. I understand that. My point is that all of the Yankee coverage on here is a bit ironic considering that so many complain about the amount of coverage the Yankees get...Just ironic.

Not ironic, really. A bit hypocritical, but not ironic.

If A-rod goes , let the rebuilding begin. They won't make the playoffs...

A new era is imminent in NYC. It will be interesting to see how the A-rod soap opera unfolds...if he decides to bolt to Chicago , and again without him NYY is definitely not making the playoffs.

I think that is a rather ignorant statement. The Yankees could still contend without Alex Rodriguez.

Honestly, I really want to see the fall out. I would like to see Mariano Rivera and Jorge Posada leave via FA. If Torre is fired, I could definitely see the 2 of them leaving.

I would think A-rod decides to opt out, and I hope he does because it helps the Texas Rangers a lot.

Also, I think Clemens is done. And I am not just talking about the injury and the lack of good stats, but there is no way he is worth more than a prorated share of $7M and he wont settle for that. I hope he just retires and leaves it at that.

Abreu is probably coming back, but I would wonder if the Yankees would try and convince him to come back at a reduced pay or something along those lines.

Mussina, I could see the Yankees trying to shop him but Mussina would seriously be a salary dump and there best bet would be to offer him to an NL team. Mussina is only good for 5-6 innings so the NL would work best for him.

I am really interested in seeing a "new" Yankee team. They can shed a lot of payroll and still be good.

Rivera and Posada would obviously sigificant losses as well.

The Yankees need to upgrade and get younger at both closer and catcher for the long term. Posada is 36 with nearly 5,000 games caught and Rivera will be 39 next season. Both had decent years in '07 but neither has much gas left in the tank.

Overheard two Sawx fans in our break room ten minutes ago.

Sawx fan 1: I actually wanted the Yanks to take that series.

Sawx fan 2: Yeah, the Indians are pretty tough.

Sawx fan 1: It just means more when we play New York.

Anyone looking for evidence of the immutable, ontological bond between these two teams is hereby referenced to the above exchange.

And it gives me an untold dose of additional glee to know that Sawx fans are actually disappointed by the outcome of last night's game. The proverbial cherry on the cake. :D :002_sbiggrin: :002_sbiggrin:

Oh, and speaking of hypocritical, was listening to Mike and Mike on the way to work, as I usually do, and Greenie was talking about how MLB has become the Yankee Show (or something to that effect) and all I could think was "GEE MORON I WONDER WHY?"

To Golic's credit, he was lambasting Greenberg the other day for harping on the "gnat" issue. Of course, Greenie was calling them "locusts". Waaaah, waaaah, waaah.

Greenie, I love you buddy, but shut up already. The Indians were the better team. Go spend an extra $100 million this offseason and maybe you idiots can buy a DS win.

Overheard two Sawx fans in our break room ten minutes ago.

Sawx fan 1: I actually wanted the Yanks to take that series.

Sawx fan 2: Yeah, the Indians are pretty tough.

Sawx fan 1: It just means more when we play New York.

Anyone looking for evidence of the immutable, ontological bond between these two teams is hereby referenced to the above exchange.

And it gives me an untold dose of additional glee to know that Sawx fans are actually disappointed by the outcome of last night's game. The proverbial cherry on the cake. :D :002_sbiggrin: :002_sbiggrin:

What a bunch of smug a-holes. I'm so happy we don't have to put up with another yankees/frat sox ALCS lovefest.

I can't believe I'm actually cheering for a Cleveland team, but I haven't wanted a non Oriole baseball team to win as much as I do the Tribe in a long time.

Also, if I hear one friggin' story about how A-Rod choked again, without mentioning that Jeter was even worse, I'm going to murder someone with a toothpick.

Captain Clutch!

Oh man, it never, ever, ever gets old. Yankee schadenfreude is something that unites all decent people.

What a bunch of smug a-holes. I'm so happy we don't have to put up with another yankees/frat sox ALCS lovefest.

I can't believe I'm actually cheering for a Cleveland team, but I haven't wanted a non Oriole baseball team to win as much as I do the Tribe in a long time.

Ditto. Ain't no shame in rooting for the Tribe. It's been 10 years, and we have far more annoying rivals right now.

Archived