I'm Sorry But Am I The Only One...

millertime

Who doesn't really want the Orioles to go on a win streak at a point in the season where it means absolutely nothing? Call me a bad fan if you want or accuse me of not being a fan at all but I just don't get it. The O's have played like dog poo for 3/4 of the year and now that the season is almost over, they manage to put together a 3-game winning streak? As a fan, I almost feel cheated...and that is saying something consider we have all dealt with 13 straight losing seasons. It would be dumb of me to suggest that they tank the rest of the games so that they can get the #1 pick in next year's draft but I have to be honest...I am hoping they find ways to lose so that they can put this season behind them and have the top pick in the draft. Go ahead...I'm ready for the bashing to begin.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd much rather have our young talent develop and finish in second or third from last and walk away from next year's draft with a stud pitcher than have them continue to flounder and get Rendon. I'd love to have Rendon, but it's much more important for our core to improve. If it doesn't, then it doesn't matter if we have Rendon or Bill Cosby out there, because we'd be going nowhere.

Who doesn't really want the Orioles to go on a win streak at a point in the season where it means absolutely nothing? Call me a bad fan if you want or accuse me of not being a fan at all but I just don't get it. The O's have played like dog poo for 3/4 of the year and now that the season is almost over, they manage to put together a 3-game winning streak? As a fan, I almost feel cheated...and that is saying something consider we have all dealt with 13 straight losing seasons. It would be dumb of me to suggest that they tank the rest of the games so that they can get the #1 pick in next year's draft but I have to be honest...I am hoping they find ways to lose so that they can put this season behind them and have the top pick in the draft. Go ahead...I'm ready for the bashing to begin.

I hope you're the only one. Screw the #1 draft pick. That's the consolation prize for being the sorriest loser. Who wants that?

I don't think your alone buddy. Even for myself, the wins are almost bitter sweet. I am not sure how into the draft you are, but the #2 prospect right now(Gerrit Cole) is a tremendous consolation prize. He'd be the best college drafted pitcher in atleast a decade for us. 99 MPH FB, plus changeup, slider projects to be plus, great pitchers body. He is about as sure of a TOR you can get other than Strasburg.....

Of course, I'd love to have Rendon, but I also wouldn't mind Cole or even Purke or Jungmann....

I hope you're the only one. Screw the #1 draft pick. That's the consolation prize for being the sorriest loser. Who wants that?

Go read a little bit about next year's projected #1 overall pick...I've been seeing a lotta analysts say if Rendon and Harper were in the same draft, they'd take Rendon...Speaks volumes of this kid's talent IMO because Harper was dubbed a "generational talent"...

If it was Samuel coaching and we knew he was gone at the end of the year I wouldn't mind losing and getting the #1 pick. Under Buck I would like to see everyone play hard and hopefully live up to all the potential this team has. If we can play .500 ball or better under Buck the rest of the year and add some pieces to the puzzle in the off season we may be onto something.

I'd rather them go on a genuine turnaround and finish the last 2 months strong. Give them some momentum and good feeling going into the off season. I figure our record is already so sunk that we're guaranteed a top 3 or 4 pick regardless, so we're going to get a great talent at that spot, and it really doesn't matter considering the consensus #1 Rendon is hurt and is probably no longer going #1. It's not like Stephan Strasburg is out there this year.

But, I will say, if we're just going to be middling and mediocre the rest of the way, then yeah, I'd rather not miss out on a #1 pick for that, but a winning August and September and big steps forward for the young players would be worth a #3 or 4 pick.

I don't think your alone buddy. Even for myself, the wins are almost bitter sweet. I am not sure how into the draft you are, but the #2 prospect right now(Gerrit Cole) is a tremendous consolation prize. He'd be the best college drafted pitcher in atleast a decade for us. 99 MPH FB, plus changeup, slider projects to be plus, great pitchers body. He is about as sure of a TOR you can get other than Strasburg.....

Of course, I'd love to have Rendon, but I also wouldn't mind Cole or even Purke or Jungmann....

Wouldn't it be fantastic to miss the opportunity to draft any of those four? What a great August and September that would be. So different from years past.

Archived