Yawn...another no hitter in the works

SteveA

It's absolutely ridiculous how many no-no's and near no-no's there have been.

Baseball has to fix this.

Yeah, cause MLB hates when someone makes news for throwing a no hitter or a perfect game...MLB hates it when people change the channel to MLBN when they do a look-in while there's a no-hitter in progress. MLB hates any positive buzz that happens in the game.

Yeah, I agree...they really have to fix this. :rolleyes:

Average number of hits per game since 1945: 8.82

Average number of hits per game in 2010: 8.80

Yes, it's just INSANE that they've let this go on. Dear God, can no one see the MADNESS?!?! Will no one think of the children?????

I'm personally holding my breath until offense starts looking like 1894.

Yes, it's just INSANE that they've let this go on. Dear God, can no one see the MADNESS?!?! Will no one think of the children?????

Fantastic post that'll get ignored by the intended recipient.

Fantastic post that'll get ignored by the intended recipient.

What they need to fix this major problem. I'm for going to 4 strikes equal an out. Or, after the 7th innings, if a no-hitter is still in play. It take 4 outs to retire the side that is working is being no-hit!

;)

Tell me how many times has a player had a three+ HR game in baseball this season?

Edit: I see the feat has happened 10 times compared to 5 no hitters/perfect games.

For reference in 2001 the feat happened 22 times compared to 3 no hitters/perfect games

Tell me how many times has a player had a three+ HR game in baseball this season.

I bet there have been more no-hitters/perfect games then there have been times that a player has hit three HR or more in a game.

So....what?

When did 3 homer games become the gold standard for making sure there's enough offense in baseball?

And to answer your ridiculous question: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Major_League_Baseball_hitters_with_three_home_runs_in_one_game

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Major_League_Baseball_no-hitters

Tell me how many times has a player had a three+ HR game in baseball this season?

Edit: I see the feat has happened 10 times compared to 5 no hitters/perfect games.

For reference in 2001 the feat happened 22 times compared to 3 no hitters/perfect games

So theres still games left to be played and theres been more 3 Homer games than in 2009 and theres been as many as 2008 and 2007 combined. Not that it matters.

Whats your point?

For further reference - in 1990 there were 7 no-hit games pitched. And in 1991 there were 7 no-hit games pitched, making 14 no hit games in a two year span.

There were 8 players who had three+ HR games in 1990 and 6 in 1991.

The question is - how did we survive?

Just to be clear, your baseline is the 3rd-highest home run season in 125 years of major league baseball, and among the top 20% of seasons in runs scored since 1900. Your preference (and that's all it is) is for very high offense, and historic levels of home runs.

Archived