Great article about the MFY's and their arrogance

Burg

You beat me to it; I have been jet lagged out of mind and have been reading everything playoff related since 4am. Excellent article by Jim Caple indeed; you would of thought it was posted on SI.com and not ESPN.

We don't need another World Series with a team so rich and smug that the New York mayor announced two weeks ago that he already was planning its world championship parade route. We don't need another World Series with a team that feels so entitled to every great player that it has probably already taken Cliff Lee's inseam, chest and hat measurements.

We don't need another World Series with a team that has spent more time on Fox than Homer Simpson, Kiefer Sutherland and the cast from "Glee'' combined.

We don't need a team whose fans are so spoiled that 40 percent of them had already left the stadium when the Yankees loaded the bases and brought the tying run to the plate in the eighth inning.

…. if fans didn't have to sit through four-hour games that drag on past midnight because Yankees hitters step out to get more network face time between every pitch and Jorge Posada walks to the mound to personally deliver the sign for every fastball and cutter…..

….Besides, who cares whether the network big wigs who give us "American Idol'' won't be happy?....

Does anyone know how much the Yankees charged for those seats behind home plate in the playoffs? They are $2500 per seat during the regular season, so I can only imagine what they are going for in October.

I thought last year that dropped them to $1,250. Of course, they could have brought them back up again this year.

I thought the best part of the article was the line about World Series ratings dropping over the last 15 years despite all of the Yankee appearances. You always hear reporters and "know-it-all's" saying the Yankees in the World Series is good for baseball. Well, as you can see, on many levels, that isn't the case. And you know what? I don't care if it is, it's time for something different, and the Rangers definitely are that.

ESPN is just as guilty for constantly hyping the Yankees as Fox or anyone else. Obviously, I love the article, because it's how I feel. But something tells me this would never have been written had ESPN been airing the games.

Archived