Zrebiec: At impasse with LaRoche; turning attention to Lee

section36

If OH was a court you would have self-incriminated yourself into a death sentence 200 posts ago.

Off topic I'd say: Is this club better off before he got here, or now? Let's stick to the topic. I don't want to hear anything about player development, scouting, Spring Training locations, draft position. Look at our record, and tell me he has improved this club.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Off topic I'd say: Is this club better off before he got here, or now? Let's stick to the topic.

I never thought I'd say this, but God I miss Trea!

The Orioles are better at every position on the field now then they were when MacPhail took over. Is it good enough? Hell no. But we are certainly better now than in 2007, record be damned.

Off topic I'd say: Is this club better off before he got here, or now? Let's stick to the topic. I don't want to hear anything about player development, scouting, Spring Training locations, draft position. Look at our record, and tell me he has improved this club.

If you don't think this organization is in better shape than it was prior to MacPhail arriving, I don't know what else to tell you.

Now, the major league club certainly isn't good enough to compete in this division, but they're better off now than they were 3 years ago.

I am a firm believer that there isn't a person on this board that couldn't do what MacPhail has done since he's been with Baltimore. It doesn't take a huge effort to look at a free agent listing, and start your shopping from the bottom. Answer to question :

2010 - 66-96 (5th place)

2009 - 69-98 (5th place)

2008 - 68-93 (5th place)

2007 - 69-93 (4th place)

2006 - 70-92 (4th place)

2005 - 74-88 (4th place)

You decide?

I am a big Macphail supporter. I want to let you know that most of the folks that you have been arguing with for 400+ post are not. You seem to think that this forum has a pro Macphail bias. It does not.

I use to think that the hangout was anti Macphail it is not.

Most folks here just want the best for the Orioles and a lot believe that Macphail is not the gm to take the young core of players to the next level. I disagree with them but I no longer question their motives.

Here is some advice take it as you will but just try to read for a little while and you will learn from these guys. I did and like you I am an old batting average,home run and rbi person.

You will find soon enough that this is not Macphail fan hangout.

Enjoy.

Reynolds hardy and lee/laroche> tejada/bell izturis and wigginton. And you still think the Os might lose 100 games this year and they didnt last year. You are clueless.

It's possible--if the were to suffer a horrific cluster of injuries--for the Orioles to lose 100 games this year. Possible...but not bloody likely.

I am a firm believer that there isn't a person on this board that couldn't do what MacPhail has done since he's been with Baltimore. It doesn't take a huge effort to look at a free agent listing, and start your shopping from the bottom. Answer to question :

2010 - 66-96 (5th place)

2009 - 69-98 (5th place)

2008 - 68-93 (5th place)

2007 - 69-93 (4th place)

2006 - 70-92 (4th place)

2005 - 74-88 (4th place)

You decide?

How did we manage to play 167 games in '09?:rofl:

So i guess the bedard deal didnt make this team better right? I guess not picking wieters, matusz and arrieta in the draft didnt make this team better. Making buck our manager didnt make this team better. Maybe you think sid thrift was a better gm.

So i guess the bedard deal didnt make this team better right? I guess not picking wieters, matusz and arrieta in the draft didnt make this team better. Making buck our manager didnt make this team better. Maybe you think sid thrift was a better gm.

To be fair, Wieters and Arrieta were picked before MacPhail signed on and there were a few reports that MacPhail was willing to let Wieters go before Angelos stepped in to get him signed.

I am a big Macphail supporter. I want to let you know that most of the folks that you have been arguing with for 400+ post are not. You seem to think that this forum has a pro Macphail bias. It does not.

I use to think that the hangout was anti Macphail it is not.

Most folks here just want the best for the Orioles and a lot believe that Macphail is not the gm to take the young core of players to the next level. I disagree with them but I no longer question their motives.

Here is some advice take it as you will but just try to read for a little while and you will learn from these guys. I did and like you I am an old batting average,home run and rbi person.

You will find soon enough that this is not Macphail fan hangout.

Enjoy.

If I've learned one thing here, I've learned that sometimes stats can be misleading, but there's no way to deny a last place season and one of the worst records in all of baseball. Improvement is easily seen through a team's record and standings. It doesn't matter if you're a 60 year old fan with old stats that you use, or a new aged fan with fancy stats that can tell you the distance to the sun. One stat that you can always set your watch by, is the record of your team. If you improve, you can see it in the record, if you don't then you won't improve.

I get really sick and tired of hearing that we can't compete because of the division we're in. We hold our own against our East rivals, it seems to be the teams that we should be beating up on that keeps us looking like the losers we've been. Earl Weaver had a theory that if you "Beat up on the bad teams, and spilt with the good ones, you'll be right there at the end". I fully believe that, and anything is possible with this team, but if you will only add players that are cheap, instead of the best players available, you will never get anywhere.

And with that said, I do not believe MacPhail has improved this club enough to be kept around. He should be the first to go, and be replaced with one that can

Archived