Zrebiec: At impasse with LaRoche; turning attention to Lee

section36

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You didn't get those reports from NST twitter again did you? :D

The thing that scares me, is that Laroche has been reported to have eased his demands for a 3rd year. Now was this done for the Orioles, or urging another team to get involved in the fold? I don't think by now, that it's any surprise that I want Laroche.

The thing that scares me, is that Laroche has been reported to have eased his demands for a 3rd year. Now was this done for the Orioles, or urging another team to get involved in the fold? I don't think by now, that it's any surprise that I want Laroche.

It was probably done because no team has been dumb enough to offer him 3 years.

Pretty obvious that the reports of a 3 year ofer by the Orioles were false..thankfully.

No, because these things are mere smokescreens to hide the fact that we've actually done worse than we did 5 years ago. The worst part, is that we didn't even bounce back a little , we just kept getting worse. Players build winners, not where they play in Spring Training, or a prospect that MIGHT be good one day. How many years did we project Ponson as almost reaching his potential? How many years did we give Rodrigo Lopez? How much time was wasted on Julio? I'd say that in itself speaks volumes about our scouting. When was the last draft pick that gained us a pitcher that had a winning record? One big named signing is all I ask. One guy that someone else wants, that we actually land. Just One !

How did Rodrigo Lopez get into a conversation with Ponson and Julio? Rodrigo was steller for us, with only one poor season as an Oriole.

Drew has more class than that. The Sun board has nothing worth even being a part of. I understand that, but as I said a while back, I will never be given a fair chance, and was singled out a long time ago. I don't post to annoy, and would love to stay, but I guess it's kinda senseless to pay $35 to just be robbed. I'll try to hang in there, and hope to survive at least until we add a first baseman. I'm running low on posts, and sure that's breaking alot of hearts. Let me ask you this, if I were to buy my Plus Membership right now, would I start with a clean slate, or is that almost unheard of?

Dude, what don't you get? We would LOVE you to stay IF you post your thoughts, opinions, likes, dislikes, etc. without coming off as a 3rd grade pest. We LOVE different opinions. Hell, SportsGuy and I argued for 3 months last year about Felix Pie, and I was positive I was right about him. And you know what? We argued/discussed the situation like adults and after about 3 months I had to tuck my tail and admit that maybe I undervalued Pie and that SG was right. That's how we do things around here. Your last 100 posts have offered nothing of value other than saying, and I paraphrase, "MacPhail sucks." Yeah, great. We get it. You don't need to post that in every thread. You don't need to classify the entire OH community as "only having one opinion." You nkow who does that? People who have ZERO clue what we're about. Outsiders who claim we are Orioles Apologists" and that our views must comply with Tony. They are the two biggest lies told about our community, and if you would open your eyes and READ the Hangout, you would see there are probably a majority of posters who are NOT happy with the job the Orioles are doing.

So in closing, we're not trying to steal your money. We don't want to see you go away. And its not about you have a "clean slate." Its about you posting YOUR thoughts and opinions in a well expressed manner that doesn't come off as grade school. Its about building your reputation as a good poster. Its about becoming a member of our community. Its about becoming a poster who people WANT to read, rather than a guy who people can't wait to see go away.

Do you "get it" now?

How did Rodrigo Lopez get into a conversation with Ponson and Julio? Rodrigo was steller for us, with only one poor season as an Oriole.

2003 - 5.82 ERA

2005 - 4.90 ERA

2006 - 5.90 ERA

Which was the poor season?

You can debate 2005, since Rodrigo did win 15 games that year. I'd say the other two clearly were poor no matter how you slice them.

2003 - 5.82 ERA

2005 - 4.90 ERA

2006 - 5.90 ERA

You can debate 2005, since Rodrigo did win 15 games that year. I'd say the other two clearly were poor no matter how you slice them.

Which was the year that he was excelling in the bullpen but really really really really wanted to be a starter even though he sucked? Because that year, even though his ERA was high due to the starter stats, he did great in the Pen.

Dude, what don't you get? We would LOVE you to stay IF you post your thoughts, opinions, likes, dislikes, etc. without coming off as a 3rd grade pest. We LOVE different opinions. Hell, SportsGuy and I argued for 3 months last year about Felix Pie, and I was positive I was right about him. And you know what? We argued/discussed the situation like adults and after about 3 months I had to tuck my tail and admit that maybe I undervalued Pie and that SG was right. That's how we do things around here. Your last 100 posts have offered nothing of value other than saying, and I paraphrase, "MacPhail sucks." Yeah, great. We get it. You don't need to post that in every thread. You don't need to classify the entire OH community as "only having one opinion." You nkow who does that? People who have ZERO clue what we're about. Outsiders who claim we are Orioles Apologists" and that our views must comply with Tony. They are the two biggest lies told about our community, and if you would open your eyes and READ the Hangout, you would see there are probably a majority of posters who are NOT happy with the job the Orioles are doing.

So in closing, we're not trying to steal your money. We don't want to see you go away. And its not about you have a "clean slate." Its about you posting YOUR thoughts and opinions in a well expressed manner that doesn't come off as grade school. Its about building your reputation as a good poster. Its about becoming a member of our community. Its about becoming a poster who people WANT to read, rather than a guy who people can't wait to see go away.

Do you "get it" now?

Well, what I'm gonna do, is allow my infractions to expire, and come back with a fresh attitude in mid January, and hope Tony allows me to be a part of the community as a Plus Member. I havn't added alot to most of the posts, and I'm gonna study up a little more on the new stats that I seem to be lacking knowledge on . I'd like to think that as a die hard O's fan, that alot of us share the same beliefs. Things have been hard for all of us for a long time now, and I guess for some reason, I felt if we b^tch loud enough, that maybe someone in the Oriole's brass would listen. I understand that my ranting doesn't solve much except to annoy the people that also feel the same way, but choose to voice it with reason, opposed to crying about it.

Again, I want to thank all of the nice people here, and hope to see you guys back on here in about 3 weeks. Heck, I don't even know if Tony would want me around, but $35.00 a year is nothing to pay if he'll take me. Through and through, I bleed Orange and Black. Now if we do land Laroche, I will pop back on to say "Oh Happy Day", but if not, hope to talk to you die hards in a few weeks. Also, either you or Sports Guy which viewed Pie as a waste and will not add much and should be traded ASAP was the correct one. LOL Maybe2050

Well, what I'm gonna do, is allow my infractions to expire, and come back with a fresh attitude in mid January, and hope Tony allows me to be a part of the community as a Plus Member. I havn't added alot to most of the posts, and I'm gonna study up a little more on the new stats that I seem to be lacking knowledge on . I'd like to think that as a die hard O's fan, that alot of us share the same beliefs. Things have been hard for all of us for a long time now, and I guess for some reason, I felt if we b^tch loud enough, that maybe someone in the Oriole's brass would listen. I understand that my ranting doesn't solve much except to annoy the people that also feel the same way, but choose to voice it with reason, opposed to crying about it.

Again, I want to thank all of the nice people here, and hope to see you guys back on here in about 3 weeks. Heck, I don't even know if Tony would want me around, but $35.00 a year is nothing to pay if he'll take me. Through and through, I bleed Orange and Black. Now if we do land Laroche, I will pop back on to say "Oh Happy Day", but if not, hope to talk to you die hards in a few weeks. Also, either you or Sports Guy which viewed Pie as a waste and will not add much and should be traded ASAP was the correct one. LOL Maybe2050

There is no reason at all that you couldn't be a productive member of this community with just some adjustments to the approach you take. Few, if any, Oriole fans feel the frustration more than we do but instead of complaining we choose to analyze in the attempt to truly understand. There is a tremendous amount of knowledge to be absorbed here and new people with new perspectives, even if those perspectives are not equipped with knowledge of modern analytical methods, increase the overall understanding and are more than welcome.

Happy New Year friend.

2003 - 5.82 ERA

2005 - 4.90 ERA

2006 - 5.90 ERA

As an Oriole his FIP was never above 4.83, and his xFIP was never above 4.58. Arguably he was a pretty consistent, average-ish pitcher his entire career with the Orioles. He just had a few years where some extra balls weren't fielded or happened to land in the seats.

Just read on prorumors.com and espn rumors.com that the Nats are closing in on Lee. The O's are complicating things with their interest but it seems like the Nats are the favorites. It also said trhat Lee preferred to stay in the National League.

Archived