Rey Navarro

Greg

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a> still looking to stockpile plus-defenders at SS. Talks progressing with free-agent INF Rey Navarro and could get deal done.</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">November 21, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Roch mentioned the other day there was interest in him. I looked him up then and thought he might be worth giving a major league contract to. If he as turned a corner offensively the past two seasons like his statistics indicate, then he looks like a potential major leaguer. That's the key. However, even if he is just a rangy shortstop with the ability to also play second base, that has its value has a depth move. I wouldn't label him as "just another defensive wiz" however. He's displayed good power the last two seasons. He's also not too old either.

Hope they can get it done.

DD likes shortstops. Didn't he have Schoop play there even though his most likely position was 2B? I think that he feels that SS's are the most athletic of all the positions and they have the flexibilty to all positions at a pretty decent level. He must have loved Bert Campeneris (spelling???).

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>To avoid confusion, <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a> have not signed Rey Navarro to minor league deal. Parties may be discussing major league deal, per source.</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">November 21, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Thankfully you're not running things. Flaherty would still be better than Lombardozzi even if he couldn't play SS and 3rd base (which he can).

Lambardozzi had all the shots I have ever needed to see. He was here in Harrisburg in Milb and he could not defend in the minors either.

Archived