NEW YORK/ CONNECTICUT/ NEW JERSEY Oriole Fans

OFFNY

(Re-posted for the new page)

YANKEE TAVERN

72 East 161st Street, Bronx, NY

718-292-6130

OK. This is an easy place to find, one block from Yankee Stadium. We could all meet here on any day that you are going, anytime between 5 PM and 7 PM. On Tuesday, I'll be slightly pressed for time, so I'll be there between 5:30 and 6:00. On Wednesday and Thursday I'll be there plenty early (by 5 PM). If anyone would like to meet sooner than 5 PM on either Wednesday or Thursday, let me know, and I'll meet you there whenever you like. I'll be there for all 3 games, so just PM me if you have any questions.

P.S. PARKING Parking at or around Yankee Stadium is anywhere between $24 and $29. Not only that, but you will probably be held up for about an hour after the game with all of the other cars. I always park for free on the street, about 5 blocks or more from the stadium. Plus, I get out a little quicker, because there aren't 20,000 other cars in the same parking lot(s), like there are in the Yankee Stadium lots. You can drive north on the Grand Concourse, or any other avenue/street going in that direction away from the Stadium, and park anwhere between 166th and 172nd street. Even if you park 10 or 12 blocks away, it is only a 10-15 minute walk. You may get luckier and find a spot closer, but try to get at least 5 blocks away from the stadium, because there is no free parking in that area on game days. If you are only comfortable parking at the stadium, please do, this is only a suggestion. :)

OFFNY

(Re-posted for the new page)

YANKEE TAVERN

72 East 161st Street, Bronx, NY

718-292-6130

OK. This is an easy place to find, one block from Yankee Stadium. We could all meet here on any day that you are going, anytime between 5 PM and 7 PM. On Tuesday, I'll be slightly pressed for time, so I'll be there between 5:30 and 6:00. On Wednesday and Thursday I'll be there plenty early (by 5 PM). If anyone would like to meet sooner than 5 PM on either Wednesday or Thursday, let me know, and I'll meet you there whenever you like. I'll be there for all 3 games, so just PM me if you have any questions.

P.S. PARKING Parking at or around Yankee Stadium is anywhere between $24 and $29. Not only that, but you will probably be held up for about an hour after the game with all of the other cars. I always park for free on the street, about 5 blocks or more from the stadium. Plus, I get out a little quicker, because there aren't 20,000 other cars in the same parking lot(s), like there are in the Yankee Stadium lots. You can drive north on the Grand Concourse, or any other avenue/street going in that direction away from the Stadium, and park anwhere between 166th and 172nd street. Even if you park 10 or 12 blocks away, it is only a 10-15 minute walk. You may get luckier and find a spot closer, but try to get at least 5 blocks away from the stadium, because there is no free parking in that area on game days. If you are only comfortable parking at the stadium, please do, this is only a suggestion. :)

OFFNY

I'll be there for all 3 games too. Where are your seats?

For me, Tuesday: not sure. Wednesday: section 429. Thursday: section 427. I will arriving to Tuesday's game late then going with groups of college friends (who are mostly Yankees fans) Wednesday and Thursday. Maybe we can try to meet up before one of those games. It will be good to see some Orange and Black in the stands!

I won't be able to meet at the bar, but I'll be there on Tue and Thu. On Tue, I'll be in front row of Terrace Outfield 329 (I don't recall what seats). Weather permitting, I'll be wearing the O's cap and warmup jacket. Probably not too many with these parameters.

Last bump of the series for me. We won't be playing the Yanks in New York again until late July. Also, if it's better to meet at a diner instead of the Tavern if you have kids, maybe we could do that too. There is a diner right around the corner from Yankee Stadium, I just don't know the name of it. Anyhow, for the time being, it's the YANKEE TAVERN on 161st Street, one block from Yankee Stadium. Private Message me if you have any questions. :)

Edited by OFFNY