The 2011 Jim Palmer Quotables Thread

Moose Milligan

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw this on the Orioles main page, when i went to watch the video of Davis's first HR as an oriole.

http://baltimore.orioles.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=17589233&c_id=bal&topic_id=

The very first words out of Palmer's mouth are:

"Not that I smoke them."

Kinda got my attention, heh. Can anyone provide the context of what Palmer was talking about? I don't want to make any assumptions.....

I saw this on the Orioles main page, when i went to watch the video of Davis's first HR as an oriole.

http://baltimore.orioles.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=17589233&c_id=bal&topic_id=

The very first words out of Palmer's mouth are:

"Not that I smoke them."

Kinda got my attention, heh. Can anyone provide the context of what Palmer was talking about? I don't want to make any assumptions.....

Cigars.

• 2 weeks later...
As a degreed meteorologist' date=' I cringed last night when Dr. Palmer said that the ball was carrying at OPACY b/c it was hot and there were "more molecules in the air."[/quote']

Just saw this, it is obvious that Palmer doesn't understand PV=nRT or probably any other of the gas laws.

Jim Palmer tonight talking with Dylan Bundy:

JP - "How old are you Dylan - you're gonna be 19 on November 19?"

Dylan - "Yeah"

JP - "You know I was in the majors at 19 - so stay healthy!"

Translation:"so put that in your pipe and smoke it , kid".:laughlol:

Jim Palmer tonight talking with Dylan Bundy:

JP - "How old are you Dylan - you're gonna be 19 on November 19?"

Dylan - "Yeah"

JP - "You know I was in the majors at 19 - so stay healthy!"

So glad I found this thread and so glad you put this quote in.

About 3-4 years ago my dad and I couldn't help but notice how many times Jim would mention "When I was 19" in some way shape or form during a whole season.

Hasn't happened in a while but I feel like he always used to drop Cal Sr's name when talking about the minor leagues. Good ol cakes, quite a treat to listen to.

Archived