The 2011 Jim Palmer Quotables Thread

Moose Milligan

On the Postgame Jim was talking about Matusz and "how he needs to pitch, he showed Jim he had some heart the way he came back well last year(paraphrasing), and we will go talk to Brian Matusz, he's not going to throw anyone under the bus like Kevin Gregg who had a PATHETIC PERFORMANCE and then blamed other people".

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On the Postgame Jim was talking about Matusz and "how he needs to pitch, he showed Jim he had some heart the way he came back well last year(paraphrasing), and we will go talk to Brian Matusz, he's not going to throw anyone under the bus like Kevin Gregg who had a PATHETIC PERFORMANCE and then blamed other people".

Tell it like it is Jim.

Last Night: O's up one, runners on first and second, none out, Hardy squares to bunt...

Palmer: "Oh no. This is just wrong. This is a power hitting shortstop and you are bunting in the third inning? If Earl Weaver is still awake down in Florida, he is rolling over in his grave."

Hunter: "Earl's not dead!"

Palmer: "Well, not YET!"

lol. The dude is awesome! He had another really funny one last night too that I can't remember!

After a violent first swing by Adam Jones: "I told Adam the other day, 'you have the hardest first swing in baseball....you don't hit it much, but it sure looks good."

Maybe in the same vignette: "I knew I was in trouble when he started calling me 'Jim.' Usually he just calls me 'Palmer' or something else."

As an aside, I saw The Naked Gun this weekend for the first time in years. I'd forgotten Palmer was in that movie.

After a violent first swing by Adam Jones: "I told Adam the other day, 'you have the hardest first swing in baseball....you don't hit it much, but it sure looks good."

Maybe in the same vignette: "I knew I was in trouble when he started calling me 'Jim.' Usually he just calls me 'Palmer' or something else."

As an aside, I saw The Naked Gun this weekend for the first time in years. I'd forgotten Palmer was in that movie.

[video=youtube;GfH-EUvpx34]

As they were showing the replay of Reynolds' 3-run homer today: "He was looking for one in the middle of the plate, and that's exactly what he got. There you have lift off. They didn't go out of Cape Canaveral any harder than this ball gets out of this ballpark."

Palmer and Thorne on the rain delay:

GT: And we welcome you back to Yankee Stadium. Since we last saw you a half an hour ago, the National Weather Service has issued an urban flood advisory for the City of New York and surrounding environs. That, however, will not affect the decision to continue this rain delay. [both laugh.]

JP: Apparently not. [Laughs.]

GT: Apparently we need to have a Rain 101 course here in New York, 'cause they don't know what comes out of the skies [gestures]. See, that's the rain, falls down, gets wet, can't play. But, they haven't canceled yet.

JP: Kinda your description of night in Baltimore...

GT: Same thing. [starts to crack up.]

JP: Last...a couple of weeks ago. Gets dark, and yeah, and it's night. And yeah...and this is rain.

GT: And this is rain.

JP: And heavy rain. U.S. Open is not playing. C'mon.

GT: [Continues to laugh.] They canceled at noon. Noon! Hello? Hello, Bud? All right.

JP: Okay.

GT: We're, we are in the rain delay, uh, nothing's happened, uh, other than the rain.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived