Bond's vows to never visit HOF.

bernie132000

This article really rubbed me the wrong way. His comments are absolutely insane to me. http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3090631

Some of these quotes that really anger me are: "You cannot give people the freedom, the right to alter history. You can't do it. There's no such thing as an asterisk in baseball."

He never really understood that he is playing for the fans and without them, he has no career. They have a right to say how they view him. The Hall of Fame is doing this to capture how the fans felt about Bonds. That's what the asterisk means to me. I am not judging whether or not he cheated. The asterisk says that the majority of baseball fans feel that he cheated.

The other quote is: "Yeah, it's my house. No matter what that's my house, no one's going to take that away, no one ever," Bonds answered. "No one's going to take the love of that city of me away, ever."

He doesn't really understand that he is no longer helping the team. They want to go younger and rebuild and can't do that with him there. This statement, as with all of his, just oozes arrogance. He never seemed appreciative of the fans or of the talent he has.

"That's my emotions now. That's how I feel now. When I decide to retire five years from now, we'll see where they are at that moment," he added. "We'll see where they are at that time, and maybe I'll reconsider. But it's their position and where their position will be will be the determination of what my decision will be at that time."

Well, it seems that--as always--Barry has left himself plenty of wiggle room in his absolutist stance.

I thought it was stupid to brand the ball, because you're in essence defacing it. Put the damned thing on an asterisk shaped stand...it will mean the same thing. But Barry can't go a month without being overpowered by the desire to taste his own shoes...

I don't see Barry making the annual July trip to Cooperstown. Can you imagine the roll call of Hall of Famers, interrupted by a full minute of booing. If he stays away from Cooperstown, it's because he's not wanted there and he knows it.

This is exactly why the HOF needs to make a designated wing for these guys that have cheated..ie Bonds,Palmeiro.

I see your point, but if you create a wing for the players who cheated with steroids, what about the other HOF'ers who have been accused (and those that are known to cheat) of cheating?

He is right. It would be stupid for the HOF to accept a ball with an asterik. I am sure there will be a mention of the whole steroid thing around his space at cooperstown but they would never allow a marked ball. He was never found guilty of anything.

Yet.

The jury is still out (literally) on that. He is still being investigated by the Feds for perjury. If/when the Feds can prove their case, Barry's "I'm innocent" pleas will crumble quickly.

Archived