vs. Yankee$ 4-23

OFFNY

Its like they came to play and we didn't. Or they actually enjoy their jobs as professional baseball players and we don't.

I don't know. Pathetic showing.

Our defense was crisp and they have the superior pitcher, I don't think we played a dog meat game tonight, our pitching is getting hammered. CC is a great pitcher, it isn't pretty but I don't see a team that layed down tonight.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not happy, but they just got to us. That's all. Bergesen is not MLB ready and it showed. Then they roughed up our bullpen. It happens to every team from time to time, even the good ones...especially against the Yanks. Toughen up.

Our defense was crisp and they have the superior pitcher, I don't think we played a dog meat game tonight, our pitching is getting hammered. CC is a great pitcher, it isn't pretty but I don't see a team that layed down tonight.

Plus the Yankees have home field advantage.

I'm not just talking about tonight.

What world are you in? Middle relievers don't go a week without work. The only time you might see a reliever go even close to a week without work is if a long man has a 5 or 6 inning outing.

The real wrold, THIS year alone he has pitched twice after having 4 days off. That would be pitching tomorrow, when it might matter. It was a dumb move.

Edit: and if he is a middle reliever that has been in 6 games and only pitched more then one inning twice.

Yep, this.

The real wrold, THIS year alone he has pitched twice after having 4 days off. That would be pitching tomorrow, when it might matter. It was a dumb move.

Edit: and if he is a middle reliever that has been in 6 games and only pitched more then one inning twice.

Berken came in when it was 6-0. You're saying we had already lost the game at that point, so why use Berken. Yet, we made it 6-3 later that inning. Then Berken had a bad inning. Are you saying he wouldn't have had a bad inning if we waited to use him till tomorrow? Are you saying that a 6-0 lead is insurmountable? I think your point is that you are right and the Orioles are wrong in all situations.

You honestly think they are going to give him the ball before JJ, Koji and Gregg in a big spot? Berken's job is to be able to be a middle man and sometimes give the team 2 innings which was the hope tonight. Earlier in the thread you are worrying about him losing his confidence pitching in a game we are losing and yet you think he should pitch in a big spot.

Berken came in when it was 6-0. You're saying we had already lost the game at that point, so why use Berken. Yet, we made it 6-3 later that inning. Then Berken had a bad inning. Are you saying he wouldn't have had a bad inning if we waited to use him till tomorrow? Are you saying that a 6-0 lead is insurmountable? I think your point is that you are right and the Orioles are wrong in all situations.

My point is, that is not the ideal situation to utilize one of your best BP pitchers. Where are you getting all situations? Im talking about this situation. We will never know about tomorrow, he will be sitting in the bullpen. The way CC is pitching, yes it was pretty close to insurmountable and at the very least the odds were serverly agasint a comeback.

You honestly think they are going to give him the ball before JJ, Koji and Gregg in a big spot? Berken's job is to be able to be a middle man and sometimes give the team 2 innings which was the hope tonight. Earlier in the thread you are worrying about him losing his confidence pitching in a game we are losing and yet you think he should pitch in a big spot.

NONE of those guys is pitching in the 5th, 6th inning if we need a pitcher in a close game. He is the best middle man we have and shouldnt be used in mop up duty.

Archived