We're waiting on ARod

bigbird

Was just told that we're waiting on the ARod situation to fall into place before we deal Miggy. Several of the teams who have interest in ARod also have interest in Tejada if they fail. Was also told the Mets love for Hernandez is all but gone (must have beena Duq thing) and the Cubs are cooling on Miggy a little.

Could Arod possibly help us keep My Miguel here?:002_shappy:

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On the one hand you have a very productive former AL MVP locked in at 2/26 requiring only a couple of quality ML-ready minor leaguers in return, on the other hand you have a very productive former AL MVP asking 10/350 AND you have to spend extended periods of time with Scott Boras.

I'm not disputing the information, but I am having a little trouble seeing the linkage.

If that was truly all MacPhail (and the OH) was expecting back, then Tejada would already be gone.

As best as I can tell, the asking price is that, plus a blue-chip prospect.

didn't tejada play hurt this year a brokin hand or something and if he didnt miss that time he would hit 20 plus homerun puting him in a lineup with a couple guys power guys he could be a force i believe we could get 2 or 3 propects now. but if the trade not done now it get done by the trade deadline. a man who hit .280 to .300 20+hrs will get something good back

Was just told that we're waiting on the ARod situation to fall into place before we deal Miggy. Several of the teams who have interest in ARod also have interest in Tejada if they fail. Was also told the Mets love for Hernandez is all but gone (must have beena Duq thing) and the Cubs are cooling on Miggy a little.

Yep everyone is waiting to see ARod's price tag. I think after tomorrow morning's meeting with the Mets everyone will know his ludicrous price. Alot of teams had alot to say about interest in alot of our players today. Things are getting started.

Yep everyone is waiting to see ARod's price tag. I think after tomorrow morning's meeting with the Mets everyone will know his ludicrous price. Alot of teams had alot to say about interest in alot of our players today. Things are getting started.

Can you give any specifics on which players and which teams??

I agree with this. Its not a matter of collusion against Boras and ARod. It IS a matter of teams realizing that ARod alone will not bring them a penant, and $25-30mil/year for any one player, even as good as ARod, is NOT good baseball sense.

I hope nobody signs Arod to these ridiculous numbers, and then come February we get him for $21mil/year! :D

I disagree. For a contender ARod is almost a gaurantee of a playoff berth. Look at Manny and Boston. Combined with some above average players they have been contenders and WS champs since he has been with them. If the Red Sox were to add ARod they would be a dynasty for the next decade.

Having to wait could work to our benefit in several ways.

1) We all know it's a weak FA market this year and there are teams out there just dying to spend money. Historically that has meant that lesser stars get huge contracts driving up salaries even more. If a few outrageous contracts get signed first, then Miggy's $13 mil looks all the better.

2) It looks like we're not the only team out there planning to cash in on the shallow free agent pool by trading expensive stars for prospects. If a big deal for someone like MCabrera went down first, it might raise the bar on what we could ask for Tejada.

Archived