Will Prince Fielder be worth whatever it costs to bring him here?

ChaosLex

Will Prince Fielder be worth whatever it costs to bring him here?  

155 members have voted

1. 1. Will Prince Fielder be worth whatever it costs to bring him here?

This poll is closed to new votes

Great point, and it will go ignored.

Hardy also doesn't have Reyes' baserunning ability nor his ability to get on base. Hardy isn't a leadoff hitter - Reyes is. That's what you are paying extra for, a dynamic offensive game changing player.

Hardy is a solid player, but he's not a game changer.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hardy also doesn't have Reyes' baserunning ability nor his ability to get on base. Hardy isn't a leadoff hitter - Reyes is. That's what you are paying extra for, a dynamic offensive game changing player.

Reyes has a career OBP of .338. Let's not act like he's Rickey Henderson.

In ABs leading off the game Hardy has a OPS of 5.000 and that is over his entire career. That kind of production is game changing. My post is about as intellectually honest has most of yours.

And Hardy isn't going to require a ridiculous contract. I'd sure hate pay an injury prone player $15M+ for the next 6 years, especially when that guy has been known to have attitude problems and doesn't get on base as much as you would expect from a leadoff guy.

But hey, I also don't live in fantasy land.

You are counting his rookie year, first full year and then one down year. Since 2005 he's had a .350+ OBP 5 out of 6 seasons

Yeah Russ, you're only supposed to talk about stats that fit JTrea's agenda. Don't talk about Fielder's weight either.

Fielder is the last premium bat at 1B in his prime left.

You have to get the talent when it is available.

Well, now that you've framed it that way I'm all in favor of your plan. Somewhere I missed the memo that premium first basemen went extinct. My bad.

Was it the Chicxulub impact, or just too much smoking that did them in?

You are including his rookie year, first full year and then one down year. Since 2005 he's had a .350+ OBP 5 out of 6 seasons.

Since you already established the precedence that Hardy's fielding advantage is negligible since it's not quite as big this year as in the past, can we go ahead and call them even on OBP and leadoff ability since Hardy is within .017 points of Reyes' OBP this year?

You are including his rookie year, first full year and then one down year. Since 2005 he's had a .350+ OBP 5 out of 6 seasons.

Hahahahahahahah...yeah Russ!!! You're like including 38% of his career...what's wrong with you dude????

Hardy has been worth $10 M per on average for 6 years, Reyes $13.5 per for 7. Hardy is 29, Reyes 28. So would you rather pay Reyes $5 M more than he produces on avaerage for 6 years or Hardy 3 M less than he produces for 3?

Yeah Russ, you're only supposed to talk about stats that fit JTrea's agenda. Don't talk about Fielder's weight either.

Hahaha for real. Regardless, to quote Trea, "Since 2005 he's had a .350+ OBP 5 out of 6 seasons". To echo Russ, "Let's not act like he's Ricky Henderson".

Archived