Rasmus

paulcoates

Per MLBTR, he could end up a Blue Jay pretty soon.
Of course...The rest of the division continues to get better while the Orioles continue to suck.

The Jays are reportedly gonna use a reliever and a prospect to get Jackson and then move Jackson for Rasmus.

Does anyone here actually believe AM would even think about doing a move like this?

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guthrie and either Koji or JJ sounds like would be about what the Cards end up with for him.

The twitter reports seem to say that Edwin Jackson would go from ChiSox to Toronto and then on his way to St Louis for Rasmus.

Seems to me we can better that deal.

The twitter reports seem to say that Edwin Jackson would go from ChiSox to Toronto and then on his way to St Louis for Rasmus.

Seems to me we can better that deal.

StLouis would be getting Jackson and maybe Frasor, if Rasmus goes to Chisox. Jackson/Frasor> Guthrie/Koji?

So you're saying that if Rasmus was a model citizen, with no change in his immense potential, that Guthrie and Uehara (one of the losingest, though one of the unluckier, pitchers in baseball, and a 36 year old reliever) would account for 3/4 or more of Rasmus' trade value?

If you were dealing Jones, would Guthrie and Uehara account for 75% or more of his value in your mind?

Jones doesn't have the same off field rumors swirling around him that Rasmus does. So, I would still stick with the fact that I think they will get about 75% of the normal value for him. The Blue Jays are about to get him for about the same package

StLouis would be getting Jackson and maybe Frasor, if Rasmus goes to Chisox. Jackson/Frasor> Guthrie/Koji?

You know, I think its a money/judgement call there. There's positives to both deal. However we can easily afford to change or sweeten the pot. We can swap JJ for Koji, or we can add someone like Pie or whatever they want.

Why even discuss it though, I am 100% certain that its not even on the radar of our front office.

We need SP more than another CF. Especially one with "Daddy is my hitting coach" issues.

Guthrie needs a change of scenery. There is only so long you can expect a player to produce for a losing team. Besides, I'd bet we can sign someone similar to Guthrie on the FA market. He isn't even a Type B at this point. It's not like Guthrie isn't replaceable.

We need talent, plain and simple.
I see. So we should be after C's and SS's and CF's as immediate needs? I would hope the team is better next season. The only way that happens is if we get more young SP. The only way we get that, is in trade. If you are flipping Rasmus for a couple of good young SP's, maybe.

Guthrie needs a change of scenery. There is only so long you can expect a player to produce for a losing team. Besides, I'd bet we can sign someone similar to Guthrie on the FA market. He isn't even a Type B at this point. It's not like Guthrie isn't replaceable.
I'm not oppsed to trading Guthrie, I just want to get some young SP back for him, not another CF with issues.

Archived