BRob meeting with reporters in Buck's office at Trop at 5:10

tntoriole

I'm confident in my opinion that Brian Roberts just doesn't want to play. He's milking this little self-inflicted head slap for all it's worth. If you can't/don't want to play, then retire. It's ridiculous for him to continue to take the team to the cleaners while he cries about his poor little headaches. Man up...or get lost. I've had it with this act.
:rolleyestf::ohlord::bs:

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm confident in my opinion that Brian Roberts just doesn't want to play. He's milking this little self-inflicted head slap for all it's worth. If you can't/don't want to play, then retire. It's ridiculous for him to continue to take the team to the cleaners while he cries about his poor little headaches. Man up...or get lost. I've had it with this act.

You might be confident in your opinion.....but that doesn't make you right. And in this case, I think the consensus is that you're completely wrong.

I'm confident in my opinion that Brian Roberts just doesn't want to play. He's milking this little self-inflicted head slap for all it's worth. If you can't/don't want to play, then retire. It's ridiculous for him to continue to take the team to the cleaners while he cries about his poor little headaches. Man up ... or get lost. I've had it with this act.

Last year, Brian Roberts practically had to be dragged off of the field because he wanted to play so badly, even though it was clear that he was having serious back problems early in the season, which sidelined him until early August. Also, Roberts' slid head-first into first base to beat out an infield single to lead off a game against the Red Sox this past May ...... hardly a sign of someone who "doesn't want to play." To make the statements that you did either suggests that you know little or nothing about Brian Roberts, or that you have an anti-Roberts agenda ...... or both.

I'm confident in my opinion that Brian Roberts just doesn't want to play. He's milking this little self-inflicted head slap for all it's worth. If you can't/don't want to play, then retire. It's ridiculous for him to continue to take the team to the cleaners while he cries about his poor little heaThat is visousdaches. Man up...or get lost. I've had it with this act.

That is visous and nasty:mad:

You should be ashamed of yourself!

Do you have any clue how kind He is?

He has given ALOT back...especially to help children

you make me sick!:puke:

[video=youtube;SbmxqfGkg1Q]

last year, brian roberts practically had to be dragged off of the field because he wanted to play so badly, even though it was clear that he was having serious back problems early in the season, which sidelined him until early august. Also, roberts' slid head-first into first base to beat out an infield single to lead off a game against the red sox this past may ...... Hardly a sign of someone who "doesn't want to play." to make the statements that you did either suggests that you know little or nothing about brian roberts, or that you have an anti-roberts agenda ...... Or both.

thank you!!

Amen!!!

Ditto on the "Wow!"

What the Orioles need to do is get Roberts to decide if he wants to play in 2012 or retire. Even if he wants to play you need to consider you'll have to put him on the 60 day DL in the spring and sign a SS moving Hardy to 2B as Ryan Adams is unproven still. Then if Roberts comes back and there is nowhere for him to play, you trade him to a team that wants him even if you have to eat some contract.

Sooner or later Roberts and the Orioles will have to cut ties before the end of 2013 IMO.

His decision this offseason will lead to who the Orioles get for the MI, as Andino should only be a bench solution at best.

What the Orioles need to do is get Roberts to decide if he wants to play in 2012 or retire. If he can't make up his mind consider you'll have to put him on the 60 day DL in the spring and sign a SS moving Hardy to 2B as Ryan Adams is unproven still. Then if Roberts comes back and there is nowhere for him to play, you trade him to a team that wants him even if you have to eat some contract.

Sooner or later Roberts and the Orioles will have to cut ties before the end of 2013.

Sorry..... but this is a NO NO!!

Sorry..... but this is a NO NO!!

After 2013, it's pretty likely Brian Roberts will no longer be an Oriole.

All players do reach an age where they are no longer effective and worth their contract and thus a detriment to the team.

Baseball is a business where you simply can't fall in love with players for too long if you want to see constant success from your team.

There will be more Orioles players for people to love when Roberts is gone.

All players do reach an age where they are no longer effective and worth their contract and thus a detriment to the team.

Baseball is a business where you simply can't fall in love with players for too long if you want to see constant success from your team.

I completely agree with you. But it is also a business for Brian as well. He'd be a fool to retire and leave all that money on the table.

I'm not saying he doesn't want to play, certainly he's dying to get back on the field. And I'm not saying he's greedy or only in it for the money. But the money IS very important. Why would he retire?

Baseball is a business where you simply can't fall in love with players for too long if you want to see constant success from your tea

I doubt it!!!!!

Cindyluvsbrian knows that deep down.

Next it will be CindyluvsManny

I am very protective of " My Perfect One":hearts:

I have several things signed by him I would not sell them even If I starved!!!

Sorry ..... but this is a NO NO!!

Cindy, I don't think that you are as "protective" of Brian Roberts as you seem to think. The man had concussions that were so serious this season that he couldn't play baseball for more than half of this season ..... not football or boxing ..... baseball, which obviously has much less physical contact than the other two said sports. You seem to have a fantasy about Roberts that he is a Superman, and therefore not susceptible to the possible long-term ramifications of such a serious injury as any other athlete. Most of the other posters are simply being realistic about Roberts and his future with the team, and frankly, they are actually showing more compassion to him than are you. I believe that there is a pretty good chance that Roberts could come back, but I believe that there is just as good a chance that he may not able to.

Archived