BRob meeting with reporters in Buck's office at Trop at 5:10

tntoriole

Roch at MASN is reporting this meeting with reporters pre-game at Trop....hmmm...though it is likely just a routine update, I had a bad premonition that BRob may just announce his retirement or, less dramatically, that he is not going to return this year at all.

I certainly hope that I am mistaken.

http://www.masnsports.com/school_of_roch/2011/09/orioles-lineup-against-rays.html

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Roch:

Roberts told reporters that he's continuing to progress, but while he hasn't ruled out playing again this season, he conceded that it's unlikely to happen. He said it's "humbling" to realize how fragile his career and life are, but he also mentioned the glimmers of hope as he continues to do baseball activities in Sarasota.

There's really no good reason for BRob to even try to play again this season. At this point, even if BRob were feeling well enough to play, I'd rather give the playing time to Adams to get a sense of whether he can help us next year if BRob goes down again.

There's really no good reason for BRob to even try to play again this season. At this point, even if BRob were feeling well enough to play, I'd rather give the playing time to Adams to get a sense of whether he can help us next year when BRob goes down again.

Fixed that for you.

I think the O's have a better shot at having a 20 game winner next season then Roberts has of playing over 140 games.

You gotta feel for the guy. From a text I got from the Sun -"it was tough looking teammates in the eyes today." I hope he doesn't feel at all responsible for the way this season turned out.

Hopefully he can get back to baseball down the road.

Yeah I hope he does not feel responsible for hitting himself in the head repeatedly with a bat.

Yeah I hope he does not feel responsible for hitting himself in the head repeatedly with a bat.

I realize he may have done it to himself, but the guy has given everything he has to an organization that has never given him a chance to be a winner. This was not entirely self caused, it was also caused every time he hung in and was taken out turning a double play, every time he hustled down to first and dove in, every time he made a diving stop in the field.

If this is really as bad as it is, then a large part of the reason is because Robert's did nothing but hustle.

I realize he may have done it to himself, but the guy has given everything he has to an organization that has never given him a chance to be a winner. This was not entirely self caused, it was also caused every time he hung in and was taken out turning a double play, every time he hustled down to first and dove in, every time he made a diving stop in the field.

If this is really as bad as it is, then a large part of the reason is because Robert's did nothing but hustle.

I like BRob, but the Orioles did pay him 10 mil per year for his troubles. Another team may have given him a large contract, but Baltimore did prove loyal to him.

That being said, I hope he is able to come back and be healthy next year, and in his retirement years.

Roch at MASN is reporting this meeting with reporters pre-game at Trop....hmmm...though it is likely just a routine update, I had a bad premonition that BRob may just announce his retirement or, less dramatically, that he is not going to return this year at all.

I certainly hope that I am mistaken.

http://www.masnsports.com/school_of_roch/2011/09/orioles-lineup-against-rays.html

I will die:002_scry:

I love My Perfect One!!!:hearts:

Archived