WVU Vs Maryland 9/17 - week 2 discussion

BohBalmer

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Shut up, dumb announcer. They're moving the chains, they don't need to throw to the end zone. There's 2 minutes left.

I thought that he said they need a touchdown to win and not settle for a game-tying FG. I don't think he necessarily said that they need to throw it deep right this minute.

Big timeout that they burned right there IF they don't make it here.

And that burned timeout is looming large here. It would be a long-shot, but they would still get the ball back with about 25 seconds left if they hadn't used it before. Oh well.

Bad day for DOB. Not just the INTs, but he was behind guys all day and just generally wasn't very accurate. Even the good ones have off days, let's hope he got his out of his system out of conference.

WV brought some pressure, but not that much. He had "happy feet" more often than not it seemed, and that affects your throwing mechanics. There were several times he heaved it off his back foot (including the TD) and his receiver bailed him out. I hope this is not indicative of the sort of performance he will have against ranked teams.

Archived