Playoff Buster Game 1: O's vs. Red Sox 9/26

Sanfran327

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am getting this pumped at the end of a horrible season because the Orioles could possibly knock a team I dislike out of the playoffs, can you imagine when this team and town actually makes it back into the playoffs? I seriously want to be old enough to go out drinking at OPACY in a playoff atmosphere. One day...

I am getting this pumped at the end of a horrible season because the Orioles could possibly knock a team I dislike out of the playoffs, can you imagine when this team and town actually makes it back into the playoffs? I seriously want to be old enough to go out drinking at OPACY in a playoff atmosphere. One day...

I hear ya bro, that's my biggest dream at this point.

I want to still be YOUNG enough!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• I’m not quite ready to start a Kyle Brnovich thread, but he pitched well last night, allowing 1 run on 4 hits, 2 BB and 3 K’s in 5 IP.   He’s been very good at limiting the hits (only 24 in 38 IP), which also was a strength before his TJ surgery in early 2022 that ate up half of 2923 as well. However, he’s been gopher ball prone this year, allowing 8 homers among his 24 hits.  His BB rate also is higher than pre-surgery, at 4.3 compared to 3.1 for his career.  Overall, he’s at 3.79 ERA, 1.105 WHIP, 11.6 K/9, 2.7 K/BB. Brnovich had reached AAA by the start of 2022 before needing TJ after two starts.  He resumed pitching in late June 2023 and made it as far as Bowie. But ended up missing about five weeks in August and September with some other malady.   Hopefully with a run of good outings he can make his way back to Norfolk.  
    • Weird title …. We were down after 1 1/2 and didn’t score again. 
    • You can’t  be serious 
    • Short seasons.  Like 50-60 games a year.  He played 602 games total, about the equivalent of 4 AL/NL seasons.  His 162-game average was 45 homers, 197 RBI. The Negro National League II that Gibson played in was very hitter-friendly, averaging about 5.5 runs per game over its existence (1933-48).  During that same period, the AL averaged about a run per game less, and the NL averaged about 1.5 runs per game less.  
    • Good catch. MLB & BBref list the same slugging percentage, but the backing numbers vary, as does Seamheads. MLB: BBref: Seamheads:
    • Just to clarify, you mean that Kjerstad is under control for four more yesrs than Helsley is, not four more years total.   I’ll say this: our bullpen needs another top quality reliever.   Not just another body.    
    • Agreed.  GRod should have pitched the 7th until someone got on base or if someone had a really long at bat.  Give him 15 pitches to get out of the inning. That said, they lost that game the moment they didn’t score with the bases loaded and no one out.
  • Popular Contributors