Orioles likely to name Lacava GM

bOhs01

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yesterday on the Mid Atlantic Sports Report Buck said the Gm search was coming to an end and the Orioles were going to add a new member to the Oriole family. Perhaps he was speaking about Lacava.

Unfortunately, that doesn't mean the new member is going to be the GM. Rumor has it they are hiring a new AA hitting coach, after all.:D

Yesterday on the Mid Atlantic Sports Report Buck said the Gm search was coming to an end and the Orioles were going to add a new member to the Oriole family. Perhaps he was speaking about Lacava.

Wait, what? And you're just now telling us this why?

By the way, I didn't know anyone even watched that show! :D

So, is Heyman now a good source because he is telling people what they want to hear?
I'll believe it when it's done....no sooner.
Sounds to me like Heyman is just speculating La Cava because the Angels are going with Dipoto. I wouldn't get my hopes up.
I wouldn't necessarily take Heyman's word as gospel here. Hopefully this gets resolved early next week. I'm sick of waiting.

Doesn't sound like people think that SG.

So, is Heyman now a good source because he is telling people what they want to hear?

Soo negative. What we know is that the team has interviewed 4 candidates one of whom seems poised to be named by another team which leaves us with 3 choices. We also have a manager indicating that the search is ending and now we have a journalist saying a decision is imminent.

Sounds possible, yes?

Soo negative. What we know is that the team has interviewed 4 candidates one of whom seems poised to be named by another team which leaves us with 3 choices. We also have a manager indicating that the search is ending and now we have a journalist saying a decision is imminent.

Sounds possible, yes?

I'm not negative at all.

People on here bash Heyman all the time...but now, since we are hearing what we want to hear, this is legit?

This is called the OH media double standard.(not all apply to this of course)

Sounds possible, yes?

It does, but we also have this new digital media age where media members are in constant race to "scoop" others. (You see this on Twitter all the time and people having to apologize and credit other people later often)

You start to see people throw out educated guesses before things happen in an attempt to get a claim on the scoop, since that is the stuff that drives their career. It's no knock on them, or anything really negative, it's just the nature of how things have evolved. Then people take things put out there as being gospel and get mad when they don't turn out the way originally intended. It's made reporters jobs 20x harder.

It does, but we also have this new digital media age where media members are in constant race to "scoop" others. (You see this on Twitter all the time and people having to apologize and credit other people later often)

You start to see people throw out educated guesses before things happen in an attempt to get a claim on the scoop, since that is the stuff that drives their career. It's no knock on them, or anything really negative, it's just the nature of how things have evolved. Then people take things put out there as being gospel and get mad when they don't turn out the way originally intended. It's made reporters jobs 20x harder.

Happens all the time. Tex was going to the Red Sox. Reimold was getting traded for Bartlett.

buzz kill ;)

As others have said, I'll believe it when I see it, particularly since this is from Heyman.

Archived