Orioles likely to name Lacava GM

bOhs01

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, LaCava was with Cleveland and Montreal. According to one story I read, he was very much involved in the Bartolo Colon for Cliff Lee, Sizemore, and Brandon Phillips deal. Good call JTrea.

Probably true. But to me Sizemore is Roberts at best.

Probably true. But to me Sizemore is Roberts at best.

Yeah. It sure would be nice to catch lightning in a bottle though. Sizemore was one of THE BEST players in the league. Still not that old that he can't turn it around though. That is my hope anyway. I'm all for signing him and taking a chance. I guess it depends on what he's looking for. It could turn out to be a great steal this offseason. JJ Hardy: Part Deux?

One thing that strikes me compared to other organizations is that our front office structure appears to be smaller than other clubs, i.e., a president of baseball operations, GM, assistant GM's. I could be wrong but it doesn't appear our level of staffing is on par with other clubs.

I don't think this is necessarily true, we just don't use the GM/asst. GM title. There's president of baseball operations, director of baseball operations, directors of pro and amateur scouting, director of player development, and director of international operations that I can think of.

Archived