Joey Votto available?

My O's Face

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How much is a World Series appearance worth?
A lot...The Orioles aren't close to a WS team with your plan...and they really aren't when you spend the money that the Orioles will actually spend.

As I have asked and I am sure you will continue to run away from...build a team for 90 million.

Bull. They were in the playoffs in 2010.

Ah yes they were, my bad. But they didn't advance and they missed the playoffs this year.

And keep in mind, Votto was tallking about Cinci when he was talking extension:

“I don’t know as far as beyond three years. I think it’s a real unfair question to ask,” Votto said. “This is not me saying I don’t want to be here. But last year was a difficult year for me. This year was a better year for me. It’s really hard for me to think three years ahead, five years ahead, seven years ahead or 10 years ahead. When [Troy] Tulowitzki signed that 10-year contract [with the Rockies], I was blown away. I can’t imagine seeing myself 10 years from now saying I want to be here. It’s an overwhelming thing to ask a young person like myself and say ‘here’s a lot of money. Be happy with this over 10 years, deal with it.’”

http://marksheldon.mlblogs.com/archives/2010/12/votto_at_redsfest.html

We wouldn't be signing him to a 10 year extension, more like 6 or 7.

Ah yes they were, my bad. But they didn't advance and they missed the playoffs this year.

You're taking it out of context. He was saying he couldn't see himself signing a long term extension period. He also said in another interview that he was really interested in getting to FA and letting that play out.

A lot...The Orioles aren't close to a WS team with your plan...and they really aren't when you spend the money that the Orioles will actually spend.

As I have asked and I am sure you will continue to run away from...build a team for 90 million.

The Orioles have more resources than that, that's why I refuse to do that.

They can spend over 100 million this offseason.

Just stop...He wouldn't want to sign an extension with us. Just admit that.

So, you want to give up a ton of prospects to have a chance at potential contention for 2013? You think that is smart?

The Orioles have more resources than that, that's why I refuse to do that.

They can spend over 100 million this offseason.

You also aren't capable of doing it. Last year I told you to put together a team that was no more than 85M and you wouldn't do it.

Get your head out of the sand and look at what is going on.

THEY ARE NOT GOING TO DO WHAT YOU WANT...They Orioles are extremely stupid and even they wouldn't do something as poor as what you want them to do.

You're taking it out of context. He was saying he couldn't see himself signing a long term extension period. He also said in another interview that he was really interested in getting to FA and letting that play out.

No he said with Cinci, he didn't want to stay in one place, not that he would never sign a LT deal...

I would imagine if the Oriole won, Votto would be open to extending with them, but again they would have to win to keep him so there would be more urgency to win.

No he said with Cinci, he didn't want to stay in one place, not that he would never sign a LT deal...

I would imagine if the Oriole won, Votto would be open to extending with them, but again they would have to win to keep him so there would be more urgency to win.

So, Cinci won and all he would do is sign a small extension yet, in Baltimore, he would be ready to settle down? Are you for real? Why would he want to stay in Baltimore but leave Cinci?

So you say he didn't want to stay in one place, but maybe he'll sign a LT deal and stay in one place?? Really.

And again, 0% chance the O's are a contending team in time to resign him, especially because if he gets within a year of FA he's absolutely going to FA.

It's just being delusional. I'll always appreciate JTrea's enthusiasm, and most of his ridiculous posts and ideas I've simply learned to ignore, but endorsing an idea that guts our already barren farm system for one player is even more foolish than spending millions of dollars on Prince Fielder.

So, Cinci won and all he would do is sign a small extension yet, in Baltimore, he would be ready to settle down? Are you for real? Why would he want to stay in Baltimore but leave Cinci?

@Trea

Yeah, really, why do you think people are so determined to stay here when they get here. YOU don't even live here.

Archived