O's talking to Rick Peterson abot MiL pitching coordinator position (update: Peterson hired)

Frobby

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thirded. Can this organization do anything right? Boston considers him for PC and we talk to him about being "Minor League Pitching Coordinator"? Is that a fancy term for athletic support washer?

MiL pitching coordinator is very important IMO. He sets the standard for how our MiL pitchers are going to be developed. That said, it would be nice to have Peterson in the wings if the major league staff continues to flounder under Adair.

Peterson was in the Sox organization while I was there. He was the AA pitching coach but was well respected by everyone, and obviously DD as well. When I was moved from 3B to C my last year and I was working with the pitchers more every pitcher loved working with Peterson. Hell, they were lining up outside his locker for one on sessions. I'm talking the Jeff Suppans, the Carl Pavano's, not just org fillers. Peterson will be an absolute 5 star asset if brought aboard.

MiL pitching coordinator is very important IMO. He sets the standard for how our MiL pitchers are going to be developed. That said, it would be nice to have Peterson in the wings if the major league staff continues to flounder under Adair.

Yea, but not without confirming with the powers that be.

Peterson was in the Sox organization while I was there. He was the AA pitching coach but was well respected by everyone, and obviously DD as well. When I was moved from 3B to C my last year and I was working with the pitchers more every pitcher loved working with Peterson. Hell, they were lining up outside his locker for one on sessions. I'm talking the Jeff Suppans, the Carl Pavano's, not just org fillers. Peterson will be an absolute 5 star asset if brought aboard.

IIRC, he is an expert on pitching mechanics..which I think is vital.

If you really want him to take this job, you offer him a lot of money to do it. If you feel he can implement a program and do it right, then offer him 750K-1M a year..That's likely more than he will get as a ML pitching coach.

I read he's a candidate. Did he interview already? Being considered and wanting the job are two different things.

I was just throwing the idea out there.

You're right..."interviewing" was an assumption. But if the reports are that he'd "definitely" take that job if offered, then the alternative explanation just...doesn't make any sense. Nothing personal, just doesn't work.

IIRC, he is an expert on pitching mechanics..which I think is vital.

If you really want him to take this job, you offer him a lot of money to do it. If you feel he can implement a program and do it right, then offer him 750K-1M a year..That's likely more than he will get as a ML pitching coach.

Btw, this is how DD setup the Red Sox org while I was there. I thought this was how every team was structured until I got out of baseball and found out that wasn't true.

He also has a MiL batting instructor that roved from team to team making sure all the hitting concepts remained the same across the board.

Is the minor league director position open?

Forgot to answer your question about Peterson. He's a master at mechanics. When you hear him talk, he just knows how to get his points across. Very easy to listen to and makes a ton of sense with his instruction. His value to any organization is where we are looking at bringing him in. He's that good boys and girls. To have him solely at the big league level would only benefit 12 guys.

Btw, this is how DD setup the Red Sox org while I was there. I thought this was how every team was structured until I got out of baseball and found out that wasn't true.

He also has a MiL batting instructor that roved from team to team making sure all the hitting concepts remained the same across the board.

Is the minor league director position open?

Forgot to answer your question about Peterson. He's a master at mechanics. When you hear him talk, he just knows how to get his points across. Very easy to listen to and makes a ton of sense with his instruction. His value to any organization is where we are looking at bringing him in. He's that good boys and girls. To have him solely at the big league level would only benefit 12 guys.

Right...In some ways, I would think the MiL pitching coordinator would be the bigger role...that is if you are allowed to implement YOUR ideas and have everyone do what you want.

You get to build the entire organization.

Archived