Prince could accept 3 year deal

Osandbohs83

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5 years for $110 mill compared to 3 years and $78 mill is an easy one for Boras. I don't think PA would offer more than what we supposedly offered the NY first baseman a few years ago. How much did we offer Tex? 6 yrs and $130 mill? PA might match that unless he's lost a lot of money on Wall Street.

I know he is 85 lbs overweight. At least. If he is gaining or getting larger? I don't know. I do know how Demitri Young ended up. Prince is a big guy. You think those knees will hold up even if he stays the same weight as he ages?

Dmitri Young ended up losing 70 pounds.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/post/dmitri-young-explains-his-weight-loss-and-comeback/2011/12/19/gIQAtYQN4O_blog.html

If Prince accepts a three-year deal no way it's from us. It will be for a contending team where he can keep his stock high and get some solid protection in the lineup. What this says is that if teams are sticking to a three-year deal for Prince, this should be seen as an opportunity to swoop in and give him a six-year deal. Either way, I do not see Boris "settling" for a three-year deal. Boris always gets what he wants and there is always a "mystery team".

If I am the Nats, I am pretty mad I gave that deal to Werth last season. This would have been a prime opportunity to get an impact player.

If Prince accepts a three-year deal no way it's from us. It will be for a contending team where he can keep his stock high and get some solid protection in the lineup. What this says is that if teams are sticking to a three-year deal for Prince, this should be seen as an opportunity to swoop in and give him a six-year deal. Either way, I do not see Boris "settling" for a three-year deal. Boris always gets what he wants and there is always a "mystery team".

If I am the Nats, I am pretty mad I gave that deal to Werth last season. This would have been a prime opportunity to get an impact player.

First off pfft to lineup protection.

Secondly why the jump from 3 to 6? I know there is an Orioles tax but you think they should have to offer twice what other teams are offering? You know that if they offer 6 Boras will counter with 8.

Boras also does not "always gets what he wants"

I'm 5'8" and around 200. I am most certainly not obese.

This.".. I was 5'9" and weighed 205when I took the state police exam at 19. You couldnt pinch a inch anywhere and the state police said I needed a medical waiver completed by a physician ...it was absurd. In Fielders case a lot of his body shape and size is hereditary . Id guess by looking at the pictures that he is overweight. His upper body in that jersey really doesn't look to be anywhere near as muscular as it could be. With that said we can still use his bat.

Secondly why the jump from 3 to 6? I know there is an Orioles tax but you think they should have to offer twice what other teams are offering? You know that if they offer 6 Boras will counter with 8.

Yes, I certainly think the O's would have to offer twice what other teams are offering to get him in this case. If Boras counters with eight years, good for him and let the mystery team have Prince. That is exactly my point, if it is not us, some team will offer Prince six-years. Then Boras will counter as you mentioned, and some team will give Boras pretty darn close to what he wants. I am a betting man, but I would not bet against Boras. Maybe he doesn't "always" get what he wants, but I would say 95% of the time he does. If you want to take the 5% be my guest.

Yes, I certainly think the O's would have to offer twice what other teams are offering to get him in this case. If Boras counters with eight years, good for him and let the mystery team have Prince. That is exactly my point, if it is not us, some team will offer Prince six-years. Then Boras will counter as you mentioned, and some team will give Boras pretty darn close to what he wants. I am a betting man, but I would not bet against Boras. Maybe he doesn't "always" get what he wants, but I would say 95% of the time he does. If you want to take the 5% be my guest.

It is a lot less then 95%. Boston handed him his backside in the Dice-K negations for instance. I am also pretty sure he didn't want Weaver signing a below market extension last offseason. Maddux left a lot of money on the table when he went to the Braves instead of the Yankees.

Boras is good yes, he is also overhyped.

Many years too late...does him no good to lose weight now, his playing days are over, despite his intentions.

Even if his playing days are over, i would argue that in terms of his quality of life and his health, I think it still does him a lot of good.

I have been amazed at how many times Boras has pulled a rabbit out of a hat when it seemed he had overplayed his hand.

I think the O's should offer a 3-year opt out to a 6-year contract, if they want to build a package that could attract Fielder. He will want long-term security, but with a hedge in case he hates it in Baltimore or the market skyrockets in the next few years.

I have been amazed at how many times Boras has pulled a rabbit out of a hat when it seemed he had overplayed his hand.

I think the O's should offer a 3-year opt out to a 6-year contract, if they want to build a package that could attract Fielder. He will want long-term security, but with a hedge in case he hates it in Baltimore or the market skyrockets in the next few years.

As I said earlier the main issue I have with offering 6 when other teams may be offering 3 is that it doesn't give the O's room to give ground. Offer 5 then agree to go to 6.

Archived