Heyman: O's could sign Crisp soon (Update: Crisp signs with A's)

Greg

Grassy Knoll 2

What if.

They are trading NICK to free up MasnCashMoney to sign the FAT PRINCE!! OMG!!!

Maybe it's Nick and Jones goes to RF. Considering DD's OBP approach and the trade market, I'd guess Jones is the likely goner though.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hope this is not the plan. This would make a lot of sense if we were on the verge of contending, but since we're not, we should be trading the established player and hanging onto the guy with low value/big upside.

What if we were trading Reimold and Matusz for Floyd+ and getting ready to make a serious play for Chen and Fielder. Would this be enough:

Crisp

Markakis

Hardy

Fielder

Jones

Reynolds

Davis

Wieters

Roberts

Floyd

Guthrie

Britton

Chen

Wada

Simon

Arrieta

Strop

Johnson

Gregg

Bergesen

Berken

Flaherty

TT

The OF we just signed

Andino

I agree, but Crisp is not a huge draw and Heyman could have thrown out another team name. I do not always believe his stuff because I think that Boras can manipulate him a bit, but I do not think his intel is invalid unless he was led to believe otherwise. Boras isn't Crisp's agent, right?

Baseball Ref (the free one) says Steve Comte....I actually don't know for sure

Maybe it's Nick and Jones goes to RF. Considering DD's OBP approach and the trade market, I'd guess Jones is the likely goner though.

I actually would rather see Markakis traded to the Braves for JJ and a prospect and Fielder signed, but Jones would have the greater ROI.

What if we were trading Reimold and Matusz for Floyd+ and getting ready to make a serious play for Chen and Fielder. Would this be enough:

I'd be satisfied, but that's three big question marks in the starting rotation. Pitching wins. We also have Hunter for the pen, he might be able to replace one of our scrubs (Bergesen, Berken, Gregg (I wish))

Grassy Knoll 2

What if.

They are trading NICK to free up MasnCashMoney to sign the FAT PRINCE!! OMG!!!

I know you're just kidding, but AJ would make a fine right fielder. I still would not be surprised to see the Braves more interested in Markakis than Jones.

Crisp

Markakis

Hardy

Fielder

Jones

Reynolds

Davis

Wieters

Roberts

Floyd

Guthrie

Britton

Chen

Wada

Simon

Arrieta

Strop

Johnson

Gregg

Bergesen

Berken

Flaherty

TT

The OF we just signed

Andino

Enough for what? 80 wins? Maybe.

According to this, Coco has made a decision...

Coco Crisp's agent said Monday that his client has made up his mind on where he'll sign, according to Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle.

"Covelli has made up his mind," said Crisp's agent Steve Comte. "Basically, we just have to let that team know."

Comte confirmed to Slusser that he has continued to talk with the Athletics all along, but Crisp has also drawn interest from the Cubs and Dodgers. We should know where he'll end up within the next couple of days. The 32-year-old batted .264/.314/.379 with eight homers, 54 RBI, 49 stolen bases and a .693 OPS this past season with Oakland.

Source: San Francisco Chronicle Jan 2 - 8:14 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/mlb/3522/coco-crisp

...Go O's!!!

Jones power numbers will be more like a right fielder.

I'd be a bit leery of getting rid of Markakis to keep Jones, though I feel Markakis is a bit overpaid. Markakis is a better baseball player, in my opinion. If we were getting Crisp to move Jones to LF, and keeping Markakis, our OF defense would be incredible.

Every Crisp rumor has included the phrases "prefers west coast team" and "but above all wants to play for a contender."

Doesn't sound like Baltimore to me.

Unless he is throwing us all off with his Twitter Picture, he's an O.

Every Crisp rumor has included the phrases "prefers west coast team" and "but above all wants to play for a contender."

Doesn't sound like Baltimore to me.

Yep...and with Chavez here, we don't need a 4th OFer.

I guess Reimold could be dealt but I am not sure I buy that Crisp would be the way to go if you lose him unless you move Jones to LF, which I doubt is happening.

So, the only thing that would make sense is if you are dealing Jones. I tend to think that is possible but not likely.

Archived