Would you be happy with this trade with Atlanta?

Sports Guy

Would you be happy with the trade listed below?  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be happy with the trade listed below?

• Yes, no matter who the 4th player is
    • No, I don't like the trade at all
    • Yes, if the 4th player is Spruill
    • Yes, if the 4th player is Medlen
    • Yes, if the 4th player is Salcedo
    • Yes if the 4th player is Hoover

This poll is closed to new votes

Atlanta receives:

Adam Jones

Andino

Baltimore receives:

Jurrjens

Prado

Minor

one of Hoover, Salcedo, Spruill or Medlen

Note: This is a MULTIPLE CHOICE poll. If you are either a yes or a no, just choose 1. If you are a yes depending on who the 4th player is, chose the option with the player you want. If you like the trade with more than 1 of those names but not all of them, that's when you go with the multiple answers.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BTW, if we need to throw in some kind of C level prospect, so be it...But this is basically the deal.

I didn't include that c level prospect because there could be 30 names Atlanta would be ok with as a throw in, see what happens type of guy. Also, I am not sure it is really needed but its not something that would hold up the deal on the O's end either.

I think it's good value...I still don't see why we're hypothetically (in rumors and on here) wasting like 75% of Jones's trade value on questionable veterans like Jurrjens and Prado. Even if they're both 3 WAR guys through their arbitration years...so what? I'd rather get two B+ prospects and a C+ guy than this.

Great trade for both teams, and maybe even throw in Klein to offset Salcedo coming back to us.

I'll say it again, GREAT trade. All players have upside, and at the same time, all players could have already met their peak, but we would get a very high ceiling guy in Salcedo.

I love this trade, but again, as a fan and friend of AJ, its hard to let him go.

In the end, Baseball is a business, and we have to do whats better for our team. Adam is hungry to win, and I think would love ATL.

I think it's good value...I still don't see why we're hypothetically (in rumors and on here) wasting like 75% of Jones's trade value on questionable veterans like Jurrjens and Prado. Even if they're both 3 WAR guys through their arbitration years...so what? I'd rather get two B+ prospects and a C+ guy than this.

If I am flipping/trading either JJ or Guts right after this trade for additional prospects how is it wasting his value?

Does no-one understand that Jones is the heart and soul of the Orioles.. Trading him and getting these mediocre players does not even guarantee us to contend within the next five years. So why waste the last thread of hope for the fans for a couple of guys under control for a few years. None of this makes sense to me. Trust your scouting, draft right, and we can be winning in about 6 years. That my friends is the reality of it.

Does no-one understand that Jones is the heart and soul of the Orioles.. Trading him and getting these mediocre players does not even guarantee us to contend within the next five years. So why waste the last thread of hope for the fans for a couple of guys under control for a few years. None of this makes sense to me. Trust your scouting, draft right, and we can be winning in about 6 years. That my friends is the reality of it.
Maybe, but not with Jones. He'll be playing fo the team of his choice.

You do understand that you are dealing with people here who are as involved in fantasy baseball as they are with the real thing. Often they have difficulty separating the two.

You are about to know what it feels like to be John Huntsman's Iowa campaign manager.

That sounds great. Except for the part where Jones is a free agent in two years, when we either get to overpay him to stay in the Baltimore quicksand with promises of contending in 2018, or watch him go to the Yankees or the Nationals or the Phillies.

For the last time, nobody hates Adam Jones. I know I don't. Any decent homegrown player we develop is a cause for celebration at this point. But I am of the opinion that we'd be better moving forward with a couple stud prospects who could, you know, be on the team in a few years. Feel free to disagree, but spare me the violins. :D

If I am flipping/trading either JJ or Guts right after this trade for additional prospects how is it wasting his value?

I don't think Jurrjens has great trade value right now. His market has been dead. And dealing Guthrie is independent of acquiring a replacement mid-rotation starter.

You do understand that you are dealing with people here who are as involved in fantasy baseball as they are with the real thing. Often they have difficulty separating the two.

Hurrghghhhh I just vomited. Why do you have to be condescending? Sometimes you have to put the ballclub's success first. The Yankees can afford to be sentimental, literally. We can't, if we ever want to contend in the AL East.

Archived