I smell trades coming

Frobby

With DD getting close to finished with his international rotation project, I smell some trades coming. Don't ask me who, but I think Duquette will look to make some moves that improve the defense without any significant cost to the offense, maybe by parting with a young pitcher as part of a package.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
With DD getting close to finished with his international rotation project, I smell some trades coming. Don't ask me who, but I think Duquette will look to make some moves that improve the defense without any significant cost to the offense, maybe by parting with a young pitcher as part of a package.

I can see Jones, Guthrie, and Bergesen as prime trade candidates, and an upgrade at 3B and MiL SP as targets.

The rotation is looking quite crowded, for sure. I'd hate to part with anybody just yet though...Matusz has a good chance to bounce back significantly, Britton has shown to be a great midrotation left hander, and Arrieta, if not in the rotation, would make an awesome BP piece.

As for Bergesen, Berken, or Tillman...I don't mind if they go. I doubt you get much for any of them though. Also...I'd love to get a defensively gifted 3B...even if its a drop in offense. After seeing Tejada, Bell, and Reynolds the last couple years I am ready to see some decent plays made over there.

grimed1 seems to indicated that. The Chen offer was out there for a while it seems and was finally accepted. It seems like a very fair deal for the Orioles.

grimed1 seems to indicated that. The Chen offer was out there for a while it seems and was finally accepted. It seems like a very fair deal for the Orioles.
It will be interesting to see how Chen's signing affects the Jones trade. We will see how badly ATL wants him now that we don't really have a need for JJ.

I think the signing of Chen makes trading one of our young pitchers more likely than trading Jones.

That would be great and barring the contents(of course) thats just what I have been clamoring for all offseason....

Upgrades to the rotation without upgrading the D is a practice in futility..

Didn't we have a discussion earlier today about you and your predictions? ;) I see you've gone the "don't ask me who" route, so there's more of a chance you'll bump this thread whenever a deal is made. :D

Didn't we have a discussion earlier today about you and your predictions? ;) I see you've gone the "don't ask me who" route, so there's more of a chance you'll bump this thread whenever a deal is made. :D

When the Orioles make a trade some time in 2013, I will undoubtedly bump this thread and take credit. ;)

Absolutely.

Yeah I figured you did knowing the type of poster you are...I enjoy your most of your posts very much.

Now I think the Chen deal will help the Jones deal go through mainly because it most likely takes JJ out of the deal and helps us get younger value for him..

Prince would be very exciting of course regardless of future contract ramifications, we all would be jumping out of our boots.

Prado to play 3rd and LF sounds good to me his D at thoses spots has the ability to save us 30 to 40 runs on D from last year...Yea thats 3 or 4 wins on D alone...I don't like him as much at 2nd given his age and past performance but I could live with a few starts here and there at that spot.

Archived