Orioles scouts are now banned from Korean baseball stadiums

baseballwaco123

Korean Commissioner when he found out about the signing

angry%20asian1.jpg

Sorry I know this isn't O's related but...Zabunguru Kato-san...I've seen him in person and yes, he really is that ugly. But as in the US, famous/tv personalities here in Japan also get smoking hot wives.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leave it up to the Orioles to do an outside the box thing in singing this kid and getting banned from Korea for it.

That said, It seems like the Orioles made a list of everything we here at the OH have wanted them to do for years, and they are doing it just to satisfy the list. Shake up scouting? Check. Sign some foreign players and get into some new markets? Check. Sign a softball player to satisfy Drungo? Check. Make solid MiL signings instead of signing an expensive veteran instead? Check. Sign some great baseball minds? Check.

I like that the Os are finally doing this stuff but it seems like they are doing just to stop us from saying they should be doing it...and now it has gotten them in trouble.

Well I guess we won't be seeing Samsung TVs at Camden Yards. ;)

Seems to be a bit of an overreaction, but whatever.

I tell you one thing, I'm more interested in seeing this kid pitch than Dylan Bundy. If I go and see him and he's throwing in the low to mid-80's, I might be more inclined to start believing some of the things being said about Duquette. This kid might mean more for Duquette's reputation than any other single player in the system.

I tell you one thing, I'm more interested in seeing this kid pitch than Dylan Bundy. If I go and see him and he's throwing in the low to mid-80's, I might be more inclined to start believing some of the things being said about Duquette. This kid might mean more for Duquette's reputation than any other single player in the system.

What?!! He probably just did what any good Manger/Leader does. He trusted the people he put in place to do their job and do it properly. I am sure he saw some video but probably more than likely relied on the scouts velocity numbers and recommendation. I dont see how you can judge him one way or the other based off of that..

Yeah, I was about to post the same thing. If this kid shows up and has nothing, how does DD possibly justify that?

Conversely, if he shows up and actually looks like a talent, some other folks are going to have some egg on their face.

Can't wait to hear the report. First one will probably come from Melewski - that one will be positive regardless. :)

You mean the kind that's on Cinemax at 2 am? That's not all bad.

Exactly! Some of us started our careers in Skin-A-Max!

In fact, I did!

9349242_det.jpg

I'm even the first scene in the blooper reel of the credits!

Another fun fact: My movie career ended after this film.

But how many people get to see the pride in their mother's eyes when you wake them up at 2am to say "MOM TURN on CINEMAX...YOUR SON'S on TV!"

90% of prospects from anywhere, including domestic, DR, Venezuela, etc., eventually flame out and do nothing at the ML level and we're going to hold DD hostage over this one signing? Sorry, not buying that. He's just one more guy to add to the system. Sure, he'll be an interesting story. But, if Dylan Bundy is leading an O's rotation that includes other home grown guys like Britton, Arrieta and Matusz, and Machado - Schoop make people forget Trammell - Whitaker, I don't think what this kid does matters at all. Heck, I'm just as interested in seeing what the softball 3rd baseman does. But the odds are stacked against them, just like they are against all prospects (at least any not named Bryce Harper).

Archived