Orioles sign former Cardinals prospect, Stu Pomeranz

Bazooka Jones

I do understand. I would like the Orioles to get better with better signings all over the organization. I don't know why this is a difficult concept.

Because this move does make the Orioles better elsewhere in the organization. Just not at the major-league level. Which is why whining about this is pointless. Which is why everyone is piling on you.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Because this move does make the Orioles better elsewhere in the organization. Just not at the major-league level. Which is why whining about this is pointless. Which is why everyone is piling on you.

I think it's more akin to the reason Amazonian dart-frogs secrete poisons when life reminds them that they're one errant, non-backwards boot away from being just another puddle.

Sure, they're really only toxic to bugs and small mammals, but it's something, dang it.

• 2 months later...
I think they guy could be a decent bullpen arm if he stays healthy. Looks like he had a K per inning in the minors. I guess if you throw enough crap against the wall something might actually stick :)

Saw him 4 times in ST, various stadiums. Mr business.. threw strikes, struck out at least 1-2 guys each game (scrubs) - when 98 & 99 come up don't look for their names in the program :rolleyes:

Wanted to interview him, but could not get press credentials from O's and Greg Bader...... Only park of........ Tampa (Yanks), Clearwater (Phils), Dunedin (Jays), Bradenton (Pirates) Lakeland (Tigers), Jupiter (Cards and Marlins - what a dump) Port Charlotte, Rays), St Lucie (Mets) etc. Fort Worth (Red Sos - Jet Blue stadium, replica of Fenway w/taste of Boston food area) that I had no access to players.

Started in Jan @ park..., Emailed Bader 2 times and left voicemail - no response. :mad::mad: Bet PA copped some of that 21 mil for himself! :laughlol:

Even got pass for Marlins new stadium for Wed opener (plus 2 box seats). Neat club open 'til 1am inside stadium - Clevelander - w/Hooters look alike girls dancing and serving drinks. :2yay-thumb::2yay-thumb:

Archived