Galaraga

Hunter

Matusz

Simon

Tillman

Wada

has the best TTTP?

Did I leave anyone out?

Wouldnt it be funny if Matusz was clearly sharper?

The ironic thing is that so far in this spring training, they have virtually swapped numbers since last season when Halladay was his usual great self, and Matusz was statistically one of the worst starting pitchers in history.

2011 ERA:

MATUSZ:00 10.69

HALLADAY: 2.35

2012 ST ERA:

MATUSZ:oo. 1.80

HALLADAY: 10.57

Obviously, I don't think that this really says anything at all about Halladay ...... but I DO think that it does appear to be a sign that Matusz may be a lot closer to the pitcher that he was in 2010 than to the one who lived through his nightmare season of 2011.

The ironic thing is that so far in this spring training, they have virtually swapped numbers since last season when Halladay was his usual great self, and Matusz was statistically one of the worst starting pitchers in history.

2011 ERA:

MATUSZ:00 10.69

HALLADAY: 2.35

2012 ST ERA:

MATUSZ:00 10.57

HALLADAY: 1.80

Obviously, I don't think that this really says anything at all about Halladay ...... but I DO think that it does appear to be a sign that Matusz may be a lot closer to the pitcher he was in 2010 than the one whom lived through his nightmare season of 2011.

You need to flip the 2012 numbers ;)

This is the lineup that Brian will be facing today. Do it, Brian. :)

Freddy Galvis - 2B

Lou Montanez - LF (Old Friend)

Hunter Pence - RF

Ty Wigginton - 1B (Old Friend)

John Mayberry, Jr. - CF

Carlos Ruiz - C

Kevin Frandsen - 3B

Michael Martinez - SS

Roy Halladay - P

Well, that is certainly a B lineup. If Matusz goes 5+ today and looks sharp, I think he all but sews up a rotation spot. You can't have two rotation candidates going 5+ innings in the same game, and at this point Buck will be wanting to build his guys up to going 80-90 pitches by the 5th time through the rotation. So, the spot is his to lose if he does well today, in my opinion.

Matusz on March 20: 5 IP, 7 H, 1 R, 1 BB, 3 K's. He threw 65 pitches, 44 for strikes, and was aided by 3 DP grounders and a sacrifice attempt where Chris Davis erased a runner at 3B with nobody out. The wind also kept a long fly from John Mayberry in the ballpark with a runner on. Seems Matusz was a little fortunate to escape with 1 run allowed today, against a mostly "B" lineup from the Phillies. But, he got through 5 IP and 65 pitches, so I have to think he gets a shot to try for 6 IP next time out.

Any word on his velocity today?

Matusz on March 20: 5 IP, 7 H, 1 R, 1 BB, 3 K's. He threw 65 pitches, 44 for strikes, and was aided by 3 DP grounders and a sacrifice attempt where Chris Davis erased a runner at 3B with nobody out. The wind also kept a long fly from John Mayberry in the ballpark with a runner on. Seems Matusz was a little fortunate to escape with 1 run allowed today, against a mostly "B" lineup from the Phillies. But, he got through 5 IP and 65 pitches, so I have to think he gets a shot to try for 6 IP next time out.

Archived