Could we trade for him-kidding.

Bahama O's Fan

Sometimes I just think that the baseball Gods are getting ready to just turn on the Yankees and have them sink to the pits of the AL East for like 30 years. Like, everything they do just automatically backfires on them. That'd be glorious.

Are the Orioles moving out of the division?

That is too funny. I think we're going to see a dramatic decline from the Yankees starting this season.

Man...I said that last year too! I don't think it's happening though.

As for Pineda, if you want him you've got to give up Machado. If you're willing to do that fine, but I'm not bringing that guy to the AL East. Look at his home/road splits from last year. If we had an all bat, no glove type guy to give up for him it'd be fine.

I just decided to keep Pineda, last night, in my auction keeper league.

I really went back and forth on that one..but he is only $13, so figured I had to take the shot.

He's a lot like Montero actually. That was one of those quality trades for both teams. Both guys have huge question marks in their games, can one be anything more than a DH, does the other need Safeco?

By no means do I think Pineda will flop hard, but I think you'll be hard pressed to see him put up his first half numbers in the AL East playing his home games at Yankee Stadium.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Miller is the best reliever that will be able to acquire (if available). But he is not the only good reliever that will be out there. I know some/many on this board don’t want to part with prospect talent and I get that. But given how value Miller is (huh leverage reliever with dominant stuff and 5 years of control following this season) you are going to have to exchange value for value in order to acquire him. So far this regular season (and it is still early) we have seen that the Orioles possess a very strong team who appears to have legit designs on an AL pennant and possibly WS winner. How much is giving ourselves the best odds at that worth? If the O’s had a competent closer we would have the best record in MLB. But Kimbrel has blown games at an unacceptable rate. And a few of his saves he almost blew including (2 against the Angels). Some wanted to use as a rationale, “he just needs more rest. He can’t pitch in back to back appearances, etc.” But we are seeing the signs of a guy at the end of his very successful career. He’s just not very reliable. I don’t know how any fan/person who is realistic would be comfortable trusting Kimbrel (given what you have seen) to get us through several rounds of the postseason. There are bound to be several tight games/bullpen battles and you need someone who is lockdown, whether that is Miller or not. The rest of the roster is simply too good to leave it’s fate in the hands of a has been like Kimbrel.
    • This is what Roch had to say after the game last night.
    • I think he’s just awful right now. I hope Elias isn’t overly stubborn on this. Admit defeat and clear Kimbrel and his $12 million off this roster.
    • Doesn’t look to a  sound defensive player to me. 
    • Yeah ….totally agree! We can cut Kimbrel loose and acquire another closer.
    • Opportunity Cost and the importance of dry powder...  Also makes me wonder how Cease was valued...
    • I feel like plays like these have been a part of his entire tenure here. He has the speed but not the mental game. I expect him to be gone once Hays is ready.
  • Popular Contributors