Who will be there on opening day?

Hang10

I'll be there. Our Company is closed for Good Friday and the owner bought all of the employees tickets. (small company 10 employees.) I know we are sitting somewhere upstairs. Can't wait. It's been about ten years since I've been to an opening day.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll be there. Our Company is closed for Good Friday and the owner bought all of the employees tickets. (small company 10 employees.) I know we are sitting somewhere upstairs. Can't wait. It's been about ten years since I've been to an opening day.

Sounds like you work for a good company and have a great owner. What you described is pretty rare in today's business environment.

Sounds like you work for a good company and have a great owner. What you described is pretty rare in today's business environment.

Hang10- You are correct on both counts. We try to do something as a company several times a year, Christmas Party, cookout, etc. We all get along pretty well, and doing stuff like this enhances the good feeling. The owner has had a 30 game plan for the the past five or six years. This is the first time that we have been closed on Opening Day, so he took advantage of the opportunity to put this together. I agree, a situation like this is rare in today's business environment.

I'm trying to go to my 24th straight. This is the most uncertain I've been about tickets but I'm gonna give it my best to keep the streak going...

Pump your brakes...I'm no expert, it's been awhile since I've been to an OD. But you can't get tix for the Orioles OD? It can't be that hard, can it?

I'm trying to go to my 24th straight. This is the most uncertain I've been about tickets but I'm gonna give it my best to keep the streak going...

Some SRO tickets popped up on Ticketmaster this morning. They're gone now, I think, but you could keep checking in case others are added.

Basement . big lounge chair , within reach of the min-fridge. I went to around 20 straight opening days between 66 and 87, and since then only sporadically. Maybe If I started going again I could bring some of that 70's Mojo with me.

Best memory, 1975 Palmer pitches 3 hitter, my car broke down and I took a bus to the game and back to my car to get it towed afterwards. Better Now than back than LOL

Pump your brakes...I'm no expert, it's been awhile since I've been to an OD. But you can't get tix for the Orioles OD? It can't be that hard, can it?

Opening Day is sold out, and has been essentially sold out for weeks. Saturday will draw about 9,000, but people here still love Opening Day.

Good seats! Ever get a HR ball?

Not yet, but plenty of close ones. One of these days it'll happen. I still love seeing myself on TV in the highlights of almost every game I attend.

This section has one of the best ushers I've encountered - Kelly. Well worth saying hi to her if you're ever there.

Archived