Dylan Bundy Thread

caljr

What are the consequences of a bad throwing plain?

Pitches can get up and hard to impart downward spin. He can't throw as tall as a prototypical fire baller can. He is a Seaver/Clemens type leg pusher though and that is good.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index.php/dylan-bundy-versus-taijuan-walker-best-baseball-pitching-prospects/

Interesting write-up, if only as an exposition of how we think about risk. I said early in the season that Taijuan Walker might be Bundy's biggest competition for top-prospect. He's been great - and he's Bundy's age (essentially) pitching at a higher level.

Team	League	W	L	ERA	G	GS	CG	SHO	SV	IP	H	R	ER	HR	BB	SO	GO/AO	AVGJXN	SOU	4	2	3.04	11	11	0	0	0	53.1	47	20	18	2	20	55	0.88	.239Minors	 	4	2	3.04	11	11	0	0	0	53.1	47	20	18	2	20	55	0.88	.239

• 3 weeks later...

The plan for Bundy per Melewski and some nice comments from pitching guru Rick P.

"After 14 starts this year, the Orioles remain extremely pleased with the season their top pitching prospect Dylan Bundy is having. The 19-year-old from Oklahoma, who has been limited to five-inning starts so far, will soon will be allowed to go deeper into games.

First, though, Bundy will take a small step back in his next start, which will come Wednesday at Potomac, when he will throw around four innings on a 60-pitch limit. That is so he can then pitch in the Futures Game three days later on Sunday, July 8.

Coming out of that, Bundy's next outing is expected to be July 14. In that one and again six days later, he is expected to go five innings also. But then in a start that will likely come on or around July 26 - his third after the Futures Game - Bundy's pitch limit will be bumped up to around 100 for the rest of the season and he will be able to pitch past five innings for the first time all year."

I like the plan. It will be interesting to see if he pitches well enough to spend August in Bowie.

"There is no talk about it at all. There will become talk about it if he consistently starts to dominate," Peterson said.

I'm absolutely thrilled with how Dylan has pitched this season. Can't wait to what happens when he's allowed to go deep in games.

I'm even more interested in how well he pitches when they start letting him throw his cutter next year. :eek:

DYLAN BUNDY O(vs. ADVANCED-A Potomac Nationals 7/04)

IP:. 4

H:o 6 (2 Doubles, 1 Triple, 3 Singles)

R:O 3

BB: 3

SO: 4

2012 ERA: 1.87 *

* [3.58 Advanced-A Frederick] OOO[0.00 Regular-A Delmarva]

Does anyone know for sure whether he is allowed to use his cutter this year ????

He's been told not to use it.

However' date=' [b']if he did[/b] just go ahead and use it anyway, I wonder what the consequences would be ??? Does Dan Duquette have half a dozen armed guards charge out to the pitcher's mound with their guns cocked at Bundy's chest and scream, "Hey !!! Don't use the cutter, or else !!!" :laughlol:

Archived