Dylan Bundy Thread

caljr

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was fortunate enough to get to see Bundy throw tonight, some brief observations.

1. The homerun was a pitch that was up and in the middle of the plate, not a good pitch, hitter put a good swing on it.

2. The entire first inning, Bundy got hit hard and was greatly helped by the Brent Morel DP in which Morel got about 5 steps out of the box.

3. Bundy really settled in following the first inning, mixed his pitches better and the punch outs came.

4. The stadium gun was all over the place and only had Bundy as high as 94. This was a mistake and his fastball looked crisp.

5. Conditions were not on Dylan's side, his entire outing was during a light rain and he seemed a bit distracted by his footing, or lack thereof on the mound.

I have to admit, I was expecting excellence from Bundy and that was not what I saw. That said, after stepping back, he battled through tough conditions and if he weren't on such a strict pitch count, he would have likely gone 6 and given his team the chance to win. He was unflappable on the mound, but may have seemed a bit bored. With an ultra-competitive (or so he seems) guy like Bundy, he needs to have a role in games that have meaning. That does not necessarily mean the major leagues, but if possible, throw him into a playoff race if Norfolk stays hot. Give him some purpose to his season greater than just personal development.

Was this in Winston -Salem? I saw him there in a start in June and the scoreboard MPH gun was way off then, too. I spoke with a scout and confirmed it. Said he was regularly at 97.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I smell conspiracy. Maybe they are making sure he cant radar gun watch?

I was fortunate enough to get to see Bundy throw tonight, some brief observations.

1. The homerun was a pitch that was up and in the middle of the plate, not a good pitch, hitter put a good swing on it.

2. The entire first inning, Bundy got hit hard and was greatly helped by the Brent Morel DP in which Morel got about 5 steps out of the box.

3. Bundy really settled in following the first inning, mixed his pitches better and the punch outs came.

4. The stadium gun was all over the place and only had Bundy as high as 94. This was a mistake and his fastball looked crisp.

5. Conditions were not on Dylan's side, his entire outing was during a light rain and he seemed a bit distracted by his footing, or lack thereof on the mound.

I have to admit, I was expecting excellence from Bundy and that was not what I saw. That said, after stepping back, he battled through tough conditions and if he weren't on such a strict pitch count, he would have likely gone 6 and given his team the chance to win. He was unflappable on the mound, but may have seemed a bit bored. With an ultra-competitive (or so he seems) guy like Bundy, he needs to have a role in games that have meaning. That does not necessarily mean the major leagues, but if possible, throw him into a playoff race if Norfolk stays hot. Give him some purpose to his season greater than just personal development.

Might as well trade him now if he gets bored with meaningless games.

I smell conspiracy. Maybe they are making sure he cant radar gun watch?

Good point. You may have something there. He didn't seem to break 92-93 mph the night I was there (according to the ballpark mph graphic). Happy that the scout cleared that up.

Had the opportunity to watch Dylan pitch against Wilmington last night. In the first they we're hitting the ball hard but with nothing to show for it. In the second and especially the third, he was dominant. His curve, the couple times he turned it loose, was literally knee buckling. One of the coaches said he was on a 100 pitch count with NO inning limitation. He's ready for AA IMHO.

Archived