Dylan Bundy Thread

caljr

I do think the major league hitters will make solid contact even in small stints. I would rather leave Bundy in the minors until he upgrades the rotation. Our pen is above average and calling up Bndy was not the same situation as calling up Machado IMO.

I think so too. Sounds like the changeup needs some work. I'd start him back at Bowie next season with no plans for coming to BAL. then if he earns it, you make room.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Me too. I would like Bundy to finish this season where he is at AA, start next season at AAA, and then (presuming all goes well enough), promote him to the Orioles in early June of 2013.

That way, he would be getting some experience at all of the highest levels of the minors (Advanced-A and AA this year, and AAA next year), while simultaneously giving us an extra year's worth of control of him for both free agency and salary arbitration. It would be very similar to what we did with Matt Wieters in 2008 and 2009, except that Matt started 2008 in Advanced-A Frederick whereas Bundy had some time at Regular-A Delmarva, and Matt was a few years older than Bundy, having played 3 years at Georgia Tech before being drafted in 2007 and starting his professional career in 2008.

I'd even consider starting him right back in AA next year. Give him 5-8 starts. If he BLOWS batters away after 3 starts then call him to AAA, but give him a couple starts, call him up. If he does really well in the minors next year, he will get the call up.

I'd even consider starting him right back in AA next year. Give him 5-8 starts. If he BLOWS batters away after 3 starts then call him to AAA, but give him a couple starts, call him up. If he does really well in the minors next year, he will get the call up.

I assume Bundy will return to AA at the start of next year. I doubt he begins in AAA. But he may get there after 6-10 starts if all goes well.

The thing I have liked best about Bundy has been his control. That seems to have been a bit of an issue lately. Of course, he was pitching on more rest than normal. Agree he has to work on the pitch count.

I only have Gameday to go on but it looked like at least 2, possibly 3, of the 4 walks had some VERY borderline calls. Did anyone go to the game notice this in real time? I feel like he has gotten squeezed a bit since he was promoted. Thoughts?

I only have Gameday to go on but it looked like at least 2, possibly 3, of the 4 walks had some VERY borderline calls. Did anyone go to the game notice this in real time? I feel like he has gotten squeezed a bit since he was promoted. Thoughts?

I am sure there is no way that a group of honorable and ethical people like Umpires would ever take it upon themselves to teach a highly touted bonus baby a little lesson in humility.

:rolleyes:

Me too. I would like Bundy to finish this season where he is at AA, start next season at AAA, and then (presuming all goes well enough), promote him to the Orioles in early June of 2013.

That way, he would be getting some experience at all of the highest levels of the minors (Advanced-A and AA this year, and AAA next year), while simultaneously giving us an extra year's worth of control of him for both free agency and salary arbitration. It would be very similar to what we did with Matt Wieters in 2008 and 2009, except that Matt started 2008 in Advanced-A Frederick whereas Bundy had some time at Regular-A Delmarva, and Matt was a few years older than Bundy, having played 3 years at Georgia Tech before being drafted in 2007 and starting his professional career in 2008.

Personally I'd like to see him prove himself at Double A first. Why do we have to rush this guy??? Let him go to Triple A or Baltimore when he's ready for it. He's not right now. I think he should start at Double A next year and then see where we are with him after a couple of months.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived