vs. TWINS 4/8

OFFNY

Hammel tossing 95 MPH heaters. There's been talk his velocity is up from where it normally is, and he's been talking a lot himself about having "figured it out between the ears". I'm sure he'll have some struggles against the AL East at times, but this might have been a nice scouting find. We'll see!

I've been pleased with the movement on his 2-seamer, which he has thrown for 93-95 MPH today so far. His 4-seamer is pretty flat and Mourneau crushed one to center that died and Jones caught for the 1st out of the 2nd inning.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hammel tossing 95 MPH heaters. There's been talk his velocity is up from where it normally is, and he's been talking a lot himself about having "figured it out between the ears". I'm sure he'll have some struggles against the AL East at times, but this might have been a nice scouting find. We'll see!

I actually like his stuff better than Guthrie's presonally. Fastball has tons of movement.

I suspect that by the end of the season, the Twins' offense will not be in the top half of the league. Still, Arrieta, Hunter, and so far Hammel all pitched very well. I don't think Hammel's pitches are all that unlike Jeremy Guthrie's, you see the mid-90's tailing fastball that sets the table for the offspeed stuff. I really love how quickly all three of them have worked.

O's offense is quieter against Swarzak than they were against the other two Twins starters but hey, J.J. Hardy!

I suspect that by the end of the season, the Twins' offense will not be in the top half of the league. Still, Arrieta, Hunter, and so far Hammel all pitched very well. I don't think Hammel's pitches are all that unlike Jeremy Guthrie's, you see the mid-90's tailing fastball that sets the table for the offspeed stuff. I really love how quickly all three of them have worked.

O's offense is quieter against Swarzak than they were against the other two Twins starters but hey, J.J. Hardy!

Could this be Buck's influence?

Have to think that Swarzak won't stay in the game much longer, he is a bullpen guy that got moved into the rotation due to illness.

He's had a lot of starts in his young career, but I don't know what his ST routine was - You're probably right though, I doubt they'll want to stretch him too much. He's certainly pitched well. Especially for the lack of GB outs.

He's had a lot of starts in his young career, but I don't know what his ST routine was - You're probably right though, I doubt they'll want to stretch him too much. He's certainly pitched well. Especially for the lack of GB outs.
O's just kepy Swarzek back into the game with that easy inning. At least make him throw pitches.

Archived