vs. TWINS 4/8

OFFNY

What are you babbling about? Doumit is terrible. You test him.

Sorry, it's stupid. I had a mini-seizure when the announcers said Showalter wanted to be "unpredictable" with his baserunning calls. Just because it worked doesn't mean it was smart.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Buck said he wanted to get guys in games early, and so far he's been a man of his word. Everyone on the bench (I think) has gotten into a game so far, Chavez is leading off and Betemit is playing 3rd.

Starting to think Buck wanted it that way last year and Andy was making him a slave to the lineup card.

Sorry, it's stupid. I had a mini-seizure when the announcers said Showalter wanted to be "unpredictable" with his baserunning calls. Just because it worked doesn't mean it was smart.

It was far from dumb. I'll be the first to criticize Buck when he does something "Buck," but over the past few games I've really liked how he has managed.

It was far from dumb. I'll be the first to criticize Buck when he does something "Buck," but over the past few games I've really liked how Buck has managed.

How about that hit-and-run where Endy Chavez somehow magicked up an infield hit? Was that smart or dumb? (Hint: dumb!)

Ah, they said "Pitching a no-hitter!" on the broadcast... what the heck... that's totally jinxing it :(

Still, 7 complete with a no-no thus far is an absolute masterpiece by O's standards (and by the standards of most other ball clubs)... whether or not we end up with a CG No-No it was still a marvel of pitching.

How about that hit-and-run where Endy Chavez somehow magicked up an infield hit? Was that smart or dumb? (Hint: dumb!)

It was whatever. When it comes to criticizing managers, you need to pick your battles. Quality is low across the board. As long as he's not bunting or Trembley-ing the bullpen, I'm happy.

Archived